Chapter 14: Taking Flight

You finally got around to packing your bag that would seem appropriate for a two day trip. You picked up your dufflebag and threw the strap on your shoulder and made your way out the door.

Genji said hanamura would be kindv'e cold this time of year so he told you to pack warm clothing if you want to, considering your abilities you might not need them.

The sound of your footsteps filled the quiet and empty halls. It was 3 o' clock in the morning and you had to leave as soon as possible so you could get as much time as you could to find your awnser. Besides you loved the japanese culture, going to a beautiful place such as hanamura felt a dream come true. Seeing pictures of it as you scrolled through your phone, the pink cherri blossom trees, the various buildings etched with decadent designs and patterns, it was breath taking.

You kept scrolling through the pictures on your phone as you walked down the halls, giggling here and there at the amazing and awe inducing sights in the picutres.

Finally, after minute of looking, you put your head phones into your phone and turned on your favorite song, putting your phone in your pocket.

You finally reached the exit of the building and you could see genji through the wide open doors sitting next to the aircraft, meditating. He and the aircraft both sat on a wide helipad like dropoff off the side of a mountain.

The night air was cooling and refreshing as it crept its way through your hair and around your body.

Genji seemed oddly calm during this moment that was very important for the two and yet you felt that he was upset.

"You ok genj'?" You called his name and shortened it to hopefully help distract him from his thoughts.

"....*sigh*" He realized there was no point in trying to hide it, " Im a little unsettled." Genji got up slowly, turning his head toward you and followed you until you stood in front of him.

"Why?"

Genji's expression paused then faultered into depression, "I still remember the times me, hanzo and my father would walk around my city and be a regular family... now it feels like we are strangers on the street who have never met."

You stared at genji with intent and kept quiet predicting he was going to say more.

"Now everything has changed....I tried to hide it and push it off to the side....but, I suppose that was not a wise idea."

"Changed how genji? What more has changed?" You said trying to understand genji a little better. Trying to dive into his mind was a little harder than hypothosized but, if you were going to have genji in your life like this, you have to know him... hopefully for the better.

Genji starred off into the night sky "Hanamura is abandoned...Talon invaded it and killed everyone when we had left for overwatch...," He glanced down at his feet closing his eyes hoping he could endure the next words he spoke, "...Me and my brother were unaware of their advances....so was my father...."

Your eyes grew as the strongest emotion genji felt at the moment was sadness and it grew expenentially. Growing so big it had manifest itself into a tear streamlining down genjis face. How ever he did not want you to see him cry so he kept his mask on but, you could feel it.

"Genji.....im so sorry..." Trying to sympathize with him as best you could, you grab his hand and held it tight.

"Hanzo doesn't even want to join us on our journy, he despises our father."

Your attention stood on genji as he continued his story.

"Our father always treated me with the upmost respect since i was the youngest. Since hanzo was the oldest, he had the responsibilty to watch over me. When i did something wrong....it was on him, and he hated that. Watching your father give the youngest sibling all the love and compassion and to him what felt like little to none was heartbreaking for him. That is why hanzo always has this attitude towards me and left me to do my own things without his care. When i had mentioned our home city to him....he walked away."

You were at a loss for words. Hearing that story made you spiral down with genji. A family broken wasn't exactly the best thing to have.

"Genji...i..im."

"Alright! We're all set! We are ready for take off!" She turned her head to see two people here instead of one, and your moment with genji was inturpted when you turned and saw a woman with purple on the ends of her hair and the side of her hair was shaved off. It seemed like her favorite color was purple since she was covered in it. Her accent was of spanish decent.

"Oh! Hola (y/n)! Im sorry i couldn't make it to your fight with mr.sunshine but, i couldn't let him know i was here. I heard you gave him the ol' one two eh?" She said making her way down the aircraft slant. Making quote signs and a silly face at the word 'sunshine'.

You turned slowly, " More like i melted his two, and you are miss?" Giving a slight smile not trying to sound rude, you tilted your head a little at the sight of the mexican mistress.

"Please...*She outstretched her hand for a handshake*...call me Sombra." She said smiling a genuine smile.