Running

Sorry that it's such a short chapter. I've been busy. But I hope that y'all like it. And thanks for all the votes, comments, and adding my book to y'alls reading list. Means a lot 😊

Oh shit!! That guy was her uncle?! Wait... So she's my neighbor?! And he is her uncle?! And he tried to hit her?! What the hell is happening?! I don't understand this at-

"Andy!" Someone yelled, taking me out of my own crazy head. I look up and at Sarah, who shaking my shoulders like crazy.

"Hey! Don't touch me!" I yell, smacking her arms away. She glares at me which I just rolled my eyes.

I look down at the girl. "Hey... What's your name?" I ask softly. She starts shaking.

"I-it's Abby..." She says in a hushed tone.

"Is it short for Abigail?" I ask. She nods.

"So... What's going on exactly?" Sarah asks, a little annoyed.

I roll my eyes at her and glare. "I already told you. That stupid guy was chasing me, he's my neighbor, and her uncle. She lives with him. He was about to hit her, and I hit him. Then he tried to call '911' on me."

"Oh... Well, why don't you go home now? My dad is going to be getting here soon." She says, a little panicky.

I groan. Her dad never liked me. He was scared that I
was the one who took her virginity. Bruh! She's not freaking fifteen! Get the hell over it! But no, it wasn't me. You jackass.

I look back to Abby who was standing and she had her head down low, messing with something in her hands. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her wrist. "Come on." I mutter, walking to the door.

"Bye Andy! Be safe!" Sarah yelled. I rolled my eyes. Whatever. Thanks for the help!

Not...

I walk out the door and make sure that no one had followed us. "Are you going to hurt me?" Abby suddenly asked, making me freeze.

What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On? "What the hell?! No!!" I spat out, earning her to shake. I sighed. "Please tell me what's going on." I pleaded. She shook her head.

I sigh heavily. "I'm letting you go- this time!" I say. I could see a hint of a smile form on her lips, but it quickly went away.

Getting back on my skateboard, she just stares at me. "No... Not again..." She whispers. I softly chuckle. This weird girl.... She slowly looks back up at me.

I chuckle softly. "Just get on." I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her to me, pulling her onto the board too. I turned her so that she was facing forwards and her back to me.

I lightly held onto her waist and her hands had a death grip on them. I slowly pushed off and she squeaked. I try not to laugh at her again.

I look around the town a bit, but come back to life when I hear a loud scream. It sounded close. Too close. My eyes snapped forward and saw that a truck was coming straight for us.

"Shit." I mutter and turn. Abby turned in my grasp and held onto my jacket tightly. My grip on her tightened as I took another turn, trying not to fall off.

Looking back, I saw that the truck had followed us. What the hell?! I groan, taking another turn. Is that the same dude..? Looking down at Abby, my heart broke.

The poor girl had tears running down her face and she was hanging on like her life depended on it. What is going on with her? Why is she so scared?

Looking over my shoulder, they were still behind us. I groan and take another turn. Only to come to the end of an alley. Shit!!! I pull to a stop, just about to turn around when then block us. Three cars behind the original one.

Abby's grip tightens even more- if that was possible. I looked down and her face looked as though she has seen a ghost. Oh boy... I sigh. I had only ever done this with James...

"Hold on!" I yell, picking Abby up and throwing her over my shoulder. It was actually pretty easy seeing as to she only was about 128 pounds.

She let out a yelp but held onto my jacket. I hopped off my skateboard and climbed up onto a dumpster that I saw. It was kinda tricky holding onto her, but I still managed to do it.

"Get down from there!!" Someone yelled, but I just shrugged it off. Climbing up to the top of the alley wall, I had finally made it after a few cuss words, getting yelled at, and Abby almost falling.

I looked over the wall that we had just climbed and it looked about twenty feet up in the air- at the least. So jumping off was gonna hurt. But I knew what was behind this wall.

I looked down at the men that had gotten out of the cars and a ton of them had guns out. I gulped and sat Abby down. I held onto her shoulders, looking her straight in the eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I ask softly. Her eyes widened, but slowly, and it felt like a million years for her to answer, she nodded. Let's put this to a test.

"Okay. Then hold onto me." I order. She slowly nodded again and wrapped her arms around my waist, it was loose, but I knew it was soon gonna tighten.

I took a deep breath, holding onto her waist, picking her up a bit. Her arms then went around my neck. I'm sorry, but I'm not getting down only to let this girl get hurt.

And with that, I ran and jumped off the other side of the wall, leaving the shouting men. And just like I guessed, Abby's grip tightened, and a scream filled my ears.