Chapter 10

Charlie's P.O.V.
-Saturday-
(Aka: the day Scotty leaves)

When I woke up, I noticed Scotty wasn't there. I was facing where he laid the night before. In his place was a note.

"Follow the roses."

I rolled over and looked at the floor. A trail of red rose pedals led out of my bedroom. I got out of the bed and followed the trail to the end of the hall and down the stairs. It continued until I'd reached the kitchen. Covering the island were several rose pedals of all different colors. In the middle was a little silver box. I opened the box and found a silver necklace with my name attached to the chain. A smile spread across my face.

"Good morning, gorgeous." A deep voice from behind me spoke.

I turned around to see Scotty holding a big box of donuts and two Citrus Mango Crushes. The smile on my face continued to get bigger. "You're incredible." I walked to him.

"I have that effect on people sometimes." He winked when he spoke. He opened the box, revealing six chocolate donuts and six glazed donuts. "Want one?"

"Uh, yeah! What kind of question is that?" I grabbed a chocolate donut and sat on a stool by the island. Scotty sat next to me and began eating a glazed donut.

"It was a rhetorical question, hun."

I laughed. "I figured." I didn't want to bring it up but I knew I had to. I looked at Scotty. "So, what time are y'all leaving?"

"Around 8 tonight." He took a drink. "If we leave then I can still try to get some sleep for work tomorrow. I doubt I'll get any, though."

"Why's that?"

He looked into my eyes. "I don't want to be without you. I don't think I can fall asleep without hearing you breathe, feeling your head on my chest... You have no idea how much I'm gunna miss you, Charlie." He looked down.

I got up quickly and ran to my room. I curled up in my bed and began to cry. I didn't want him to leave, but I knew he had to. Part of me wanted to leave with him, but I know I can't. I don't regret being with him the past two weeks. I wouldn't have changed anything that's happened, even if it means hurting less than I do now. The pain is worth it.

I heard someone open my door. I knew exactly who it was. Without saying anything, Scotty wrapped his arms around me. I laid there in his arms for a few more minutes, just crying. "I love you so much, Scott."

"And I love you, Charlotte, more than anything." I looked at him. He wiped the tears from my eyes. "Let's try to be happy today. I don't want to be sad right now."

"Ok." I smiled. "Wanna swim?"

"Hmm, do I, an eighteen year old guy, want to see you, a beautiful eighteen year old girl, soaking wet in a bikini? Please, tell me you aren't being serious."

I laughed. "Well?"

"Duh!"

"You're so silly, but that's why I love you." I kissed his cheek. "I'm gunna change. Any specific suit you want me to wear?"

"Hmm... You look pretty dagum good in the camo one. The one with the bright orange."

"Ok. Be right back." I grabbed the bathing suit from my drawer and walked into the bathroom to change. I put on the Realtree camouflage suit with neon orange strings. Scotty was right, it did look pretty good. It was one of my favorites also. I came out of my bathroom and saw Scotty sitting on my bed with his phone. He was wearing royal blue trunks that made his legs seem more white than they already were.

"Whatcha doin'?" I put on a pair of shorts and a tanktop. I sat next to Scotty and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Just tweeting." He locked his phone then put it in his pocket. "Ready?"

"Yep!" We got up and walked outside to his truck. On the way to the beach I got onto twitter. I looked at Scotty's last tweets.

"@ScottyMcCreery: Gunna try to have the best day possible with @ItsCharlieCooper #beachtime"

I started to write a new tweet.

"@ItsCharlieCooper: @ScottyMcCreery the beach is always the best!"

We pulled into the beach we usually swim at. Scotty got out and opened my door. We walked to the beach and removed our clothing, except our swim suits. We both walked to the water before tossing our flip flops by our clothes.

We swam for a few hours, reapplying Scott's sunscreen multiple times. Soon, 2 o'clock came and we were both exhausted and starving. Scotty drove us back to my house, where we ate sandwiches. We sat on the couch and watched a movie before taking a nap. After we woke, we went for dinner.

Way too soon, the day was over and it was time for Scotty to leave. Wiggins car was parked behind Scotty's in my driveway, Kyle and Will both waiting.

Scotty wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly, I did the same to him.

"I wish you didn't have to leave." I looked up at his beautiful face.

"I do too, but I have school and work. I'll talk to you every second I can." He smiled before placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

I deepened the kiss, pulling him closer to me. After a couple minutes, we pulled away.

"I love you, Scott Cooke McCreery." We kissed one more time.

"I love you, Charlotte Mandy Cooper." I barely heard him speak. He walked to his truck. I saw a tear roll down his cheek as he turned the key on. I watched his tail lights fade as tears fell down my face.

A couple hours later, I heard my phone go off from a text from Scotty.

"I'm home safe. I miss you so much already."

I quickly responded, "My bed feels so empty without you. I miss you more than you will ever know. I love you."

"I love you..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

- - -

I know this didn't have a whole lot of story changes to it. Part two will be completely different. So different, it will have its own book. I hope you enjoyed this. I look forward to seeing you in the sequel!