|| Chapter 1 ||

Ella

I leaned against the frame of the huge window, watching the busy streets of London through the transparent glass. The breeze rolled through the crack between the frame and glass, hitting the space that my shirt left between it and my sweatpants. My arms were instinctively crossed over my chest In a comfortable manner and my legs were crossed at the ankles as support.

The lights that congregate throughout the city gave me a sense of peace. My mind was relaxed, and my body felt light. A smile graced over my lips happily. I felt at home.

My throat realsed a quiet hum to the song "Dead in the Water" without me thinking. I blocked out everything around me, as I closed my eyes and sang. My lips moved to the lyrics and my voice wavered to the tones of the song.

"Angel," I gasp as a husky voice whispered behind me and a pair of arms encircled my waist, "Aren't you suppose to be at the doctors?" Harry questioned, like I didn't know. I knew I had to go to the doctors, but I tried to avoid it. I've been sick lately, but I didn't worry as much as I should. It was probably just the common stomach bug. And I hate doctors as much as I hate when people chew loudly, and that's saying much.

"Aren't you suppose to be at work?" I retorted. I turned my body to face him, locking my eyes with his piercing green ones. To this day, they still leave me in awe, always making me stumble upon my words and let myself be drawn into them.

His luscious lips formed a grin in which I loved so much. I reached out and lightly traced my finger against his lips. He let out a soft breath then pulled back.

"I should be at work, but I knew you were going to skip the doctors. You're very predictable." his eyes gleamed with humor.

"Am I now?" He hummed a soft 'yes'.

"Well, I guess you should know that your not getting any kisses, cause I'm that predictable." I pulled his arms away from my waist, then sashayed to the other side of the room where my book was placed. I heard his groan of disapproval, which made me smirk.

I laid against the pillows that occupy the king size bed. My fingers ran over the title of the thick book tracing the name, 'Hush,Hush.' Without looking up, I could feel Harry's graze on me. I turned to where I bookmarked my current page and started to read.

"It means high-ranking angel." There was a definite smugness to his voice. "The higher up, the harder the fall." ,

"Angel," Harry groaned agian, distracting me from my reading, "That's not fair. I just want you to feel better." His eyes held worry and love as I looked up. I help his gaze then sighed, bookmarking my current page, then tossing it lightly onto the duvet.

"I know, Harry, but you know I don't like doctors. I really don't," I pouted my lips for emphasis. Like I said, I really don't like doctors. Their sterile smell, and tight faces. Their fake smiles and awful advise. Everything about them irks me in ways I can't explain.

"I know, baby, I know," He coo'd, walking towards my side of the bed. My eyes followed his lean figure until he's kneeling in front of me, "But this is your health. What if it's something bad or even fatal. Angel, I don't know what I'd do without you," Tears welded in my eyes, but I didn't dare let them leave. My eyes searched his face, then I quickly cupped his cheeks in my hands, pulling him towards me. Our lips met and my body instantly warmed at the touch. It was a simple kiss, a kiss full of passion, love, and serenity. My favorite kisses.

I pulled back, leaning my forehead against his. "I'll go tomorrow baby, I promise." I told him. He leaned up and pecked my lips again. "I love you," He told me. My insides warmed again at his words. The words I'll never be able to get used to. "And I love you, to the moon," I started. "And back." He finished.