Chapter 17

A/N: Dedicated to XbitchmendesX Thanks for being active!¡

Cam's POV

I need to pick Ava for my team. I've been trying to make her laugh all day and I want to get to know her better. She's really upbeat and funny. I think that I might ask her out soon. But then there's Shawn. He totally likes her. Shit.

Ava's POV

We're driving and I yell at Nash over the sound of the wind "Turn on the radio please!" He turns it on and blasts it through the air. All The Small Things by Blink-182 comes on the radio station 93.3 Alt Nation. I scream and squeal excitedly. Shawn squeezes my leg because he knows this is one of my favourite songs. I start screaming out the lyrics. "ALL THE, SMALL THINGS. TRUE CARE, TRUTH BRINGS. I'LL TAKE ONE LIFT! YOUR RIDE, BEST TRIP!"

They're all laughing at me now. And Shawn whispers in my ear "Why don't you sing, you know you're good at it." He smirks and I slap his arm and grab his hair and pull it. "Shawn so help me, if you tell one soul, your life will be over. And I'm not kidding. You're the only one that knows. And I'm not even that good." Taylor is looking at us and I slowly release Shawn's hair from my grip.

He smirks at me. Ugh. "Taylor fuck off. Shawn was just pissing me off on purpose." He holds his hand to his heart as if he's been offended. "I've been shot! I've been shot!" He squeals. We're at a stoplight and everyone faces him. "You're not Fat Amy, you have not been hit with Mexican food." They all crack up in their seats until the car behind us honks and Nash steps on the gas.

"Guys! There's a whole bunch of shops here! Let's stop and look around!" Carter calls Matt and they soon arrive at where we're at. We all park and meet up on the sidewalk. I grab Mahogany's arm and pull her over to me, not harsh of course. "Where do you want to go first?" I try to say quietly but the boy hear and all yell, "The candy store!!" Ugh of course. "Why don't we hit that last so that way we can take it home and watch movies with popcorn?" I smirk and they contemplate it.

~~~

After an 3 hours of shopping, half of it being on Shawn's back, Nash says "Why don't we all go to eat and then hit up the candy store?" We all agree and head over to Texas Roadhouse, of course. Some waiter takes us to 4 tables put together. I sit next to Shawn and Mahogany. "Hey can I get a kids menu?" I ask the waiter. He looks at me confused but says "Yea sure." The only people who heard what I said were Nash, LOX, Jacob, Matt, and Shawn. Everyone except Shawn looks at me like you're serious? Everyone orders their drinks and I explain.

"First, it's cheaper. Second, it's a perfect portion for me. And lastly, Shawn and I always play hangman on the back. So yea." I say and look away. Everyone shrugs and Cam says, "Genious! Absolutely genious!" I laugh because he gets everyone at the table clapping. I roll my eyes and grab the menu after the waiter comes back. I take 2 crayons and give one to Shawn. "Hey I want in!" Cam says. So I hand him a crayon. We play for a while until the waiter comes back.

"So what can I get y'all to eat?" Shawn smiles at me because he knows what I'm going to get. He starts down at the end where Jacob is, so I end up ordering 3rd to last. He gets to Shawn. "And for you sir?" Shawn thinks then smirks. "Can I get Mac 'N Cheese with fries? Oh and also an extra plate and a squirt bottle of barbecue sauce?" I laugh and snort because this is another tradition we have. The waiter says he'll ask if they have a 'Squirt bottle of barbecue sauce.' "I'll get Mac 'N Cheese with a side of fries as well."

It's my turn for hangman and I come up with a 3 worded phrase. I write down the spaces on the paper and Cam and Shawn guess letters. Then I hear a scream escape from Cam. "IT'S SHAWN IS A LOSER!" I laugh and so does everyone else. Shawn looks at me and puts his hand on his chest and looks offended. I shrug and laugh as the waiters come back with our food.