7.0 - First Date

Chapter 7: First Date.

Hermione hesitated as she stood in the centre of Hogsmead, only just realising that Draco hadn’t actually told her where they were going. She sighed in annoyance, crossing her arms as she looked around tyring to find that platinum blonde hair. Just as she was ready to give up there was a small tap on her shoulder, she spun around and suddenly relaxed as she saw the smirking Malfoy.

“Looking for me?” He asked teasingly.

She rolled her eyes, “So, where are we going?” She asked curiously.

“This way.” He said before taking her hand and leading her through Hogsmead.

As he weaved through the crowds, dragging Hermione along with him, she looked around hesitantly, making sure no one saw or noticed it was them, together, holding hands.

She was now being dragged up to the top level of Tomes and Scrolls, the shop was practically empty considering no one needs to buy books while they’re at school.

Hermione was dragged down a few more aisles before Draco stopped, a satisfied smile on his face as he looked at his handy work. He had set up a small picnic at the end of the last aisle. There was a simple picnic blanket set out, two plates and cutlery and a basket sat in the middle of it all. Hermione couldn’t hold the back the smile on her face.

She turned on her heel so she was facing him, “Everyone knows I love books, so the bookstore thing is obvious but… did you just take a shot with the picnic thing or did you some how know that I have a thing for picnics?”

He raised an eyebrow at her, “Happy coincidence I guess… do you want to take a seat?” He asked gesturing to the blanket.

She slightly nodded as she took a seat, Draco taking a seat next to her. He quickly opened up the basket and started rummaging though it. Hermione was a bit confused when his arm went in up to his elbow but now she stared in shock as it went up to his shoulder. He soon started pulling out the food, cupcakes, sandwiches, a plate of fruit and then a bottle of water and a bottle of butter beer along with two glasses.

“Butter beer or water?” He asked.

“Butter beer please… how did you?” She asked pointing to the basket.

“Extendable charm, I tired to find a normal basket but this is the only one that was available.” He shrugged as he popped the cap of the butter bear and poured two glasses.

“Extendable charm, I think I’ve read about that.”

“Why am I not surprised?” He smirked before taking a sip of his drink.

Hermione rolled her eyes as she took a sip of her own drink.

“So,” Draco leaned closer to her with that myschievious look in his eyes, “Tell me about yourself.”

“Like what?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, tell me about your childhood or your deep dark secrets, tell me anything that can help me know more about you.”

“Ok, how about I make a comprimise? What if we do a twenty questions sort of thing, I ask you a question and then you ask me a question?”

Draco thought for a moment, “Ok. What’s your favourite book?”

“Um… Jane Eyre, first book I ever owned as my own. What’s yours?” She asked picking up a sandwich and taking a bite out of it.

“Umm… don’t tease me… it’s a muggle book, the only book my mother ever read to me… Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland.” He said looking down at his glass.

Hermione smiled, it was different – good different - seeing him like this, “Ok, your turn.”

He looked up and smiled at her, “Favourite food?”

“Fudge. You?”

“This thing that I tried at a muggle café, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I think it’s called.” He picked up a cupcake and took a bite out of it, “What’s your favourite colour?”

“Promise you wont tell anyone?”

He shrugged.

“… green.”

“No way, the Gryffindor Princess’ favourite colour happens to be the colour of her rivalling house! That’s bloody brilliant!”

“Oh Shut-Up.” She said playfully hitting his shoulder, “Ok… what’s your favourite movie?”

“What’s a movie?”

The rest of the date went splendidly, he was nice and sweet and acted like a gentle-man but every now and then he put in his snide comments but for some reason it didn’t bother Hermione, she actually laughed at some of them and she even slightly choked on her drink when he made a comment about Dumbeldore’s clothing choices.

As Draco started packing up, “Maybe you should take me to those things you call ‘Movies’” he said smiling at her.

She smiled back, “Will do… Malfoy?”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you ask me on this date?”

Draco stopped what he was doing and sat back, leaning against the book shelves, thinking to himself, “I… I guess I was just fascinated about what might have happened, if we would have been able to just talk like we did or if we’d end up ripping each other’s throats out.”

Draco looked up at her, slightly smiling, she smiled back at him, “I think we should get going, it’s now four o’clock and I told Harry and Ron I would be back by two, they’re probably worrying.”

Draco sighed and finished packing up. He stood up and held a hand out to Hermione, she took it smiling up at him as she stood up. They walked in comfortable silence, hands intertwined thoughtlessly. As they reached the exit to the store they stopped and looked at each other.

“You go first, I’ll forgot to get my potions book before school started so I might as well get it now.” Draco insisted.

As he went to go find his book Hermione grabbed his wrist and spun him back towards her, swiftly wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into a short but passionate kiss. She slowly pulled back, a small grin on her face, “Thanks for the date.” With that she left.

vote and comment!

Remember.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें