The curse of the Hinaryn Name

Shinai"s POV

Poeple always assume that because I'm rich, I'm happy. 

Like I have no problems just because my father never lets me do anything remotely hard. 

Or like I actually enjoy all the galas and balls my mother drags me to.

Like any of the other rich kids are my friends. 

Riiiiiiight. I only had one  friend my entire life. Only one person I spoke to. 

But he's somewhere I can't go now. 

What was I saying?  Oh, yes, the whole money isn't everything bit.

Well, it isn't. My family is actually cursed. 

No laughing, it's true!

 Every single year, a Hinaryn  clan member dies at the stroke of midnight October 7th. 

My father is counting on me to break the curse, just because I've survived sixteen years. I've never even come close to a near death experience. 

Father, though, rarely leaves the house anymore. He was paralyzed years ago. 

But enough of sad things. Onto something mildly entertaining.... High school.

##############################

I glanced at the letter the maid handed me. 

Ouran Acadamy is proud to welcome you.......blah blah blah...... finest courses taught by the best instructors...... boring , boring,boring...... See you tommorow.

I blinked. 

"Your father wants you to get ready, Princess. This letter arrived yesterday, so you start school in an hour. " 

Typical. Never asks me if I want to go to school with stuck up brats.... I'd rather be stared at. 

I sigh and nod to the maid. 

I dress in decent but comfortable clothes- the latest Hitachiin style. 

I do like that family. They're nice. 

I pack my school bag and head out. 

"Princess, the car is waiting for you." The butler says. 

I wave in reply and  blink at the limo. 

Honestly, a green car? It looks awful. 

But I climb in anyway, hoping that maybe someone at Ouran will be worth talking to. 

#############################################

" Welcome to OUran Academy, Lady Hinaryn! We are honored you chose our school!  Now, the Hitachiin boys will show you around and get you used to our academy. Please come to the Headmaster if you need anything!"  The teacher gushed, smiling earnestly. 

This is what happens when your parents own huge weapons companies and tech industries. 

Two boys who must be twins smile and bow to me. 

"Welcome! I'm Kaoru, and this is Hikaru. We're twins, but I'm the cute one." One says, winking. 

Hikaru frowns. "Kaoru, don't be so mean!" 

I laugh. These two are fun. 

"Nice to meet both of you. I'm Shinai. So, anything fun to do around here?" 

Hikaru grins. "We have a few ideas...."