~EPILOGUE~

*An Year Later*

****Adam's POV****

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked tentatively.

"Yeah. Positive."

Ria was on her toes, eyes fixated on the dark wood door as she nervously swallowed. I could feel waves of tension rolling off of her as she wringed her hands together nervously. She looked beautiful wearing a grey pencil skirt and matching blazer with a white feminine blouse underneath; a white pair of nude heels showcasing her long shapely legs. Her silky hair was in a messy bun, banks framing her heart shaped face. My engagement ring shone on her finger as she smoothed her skirt to look presentable and I couldn't help but smile, the night I proposed to her flashed through my mind.

I became this complete dork and an idiot who proposed her in the middle of a lazy Sunday. I proposed to her with no flowers or fancy date or... anything basically. Not even a shirt. I sighed internally. She deserved much better and that is why I am doing this.

"It's a not big deal, is it?" She asked me, her doe eyes wide with uncertainty. "I mean it is our marriage and all..."

I heaved a sigh. "I am sure Claire will understand." I nodded with faux confidence although I had a twinge of doubt on that matter.

Claire will kill us both for marrying in a courtroom.

I took her hand which had my Soleste platinum engagement ring on it, an aquamarine diamond surrounded by numerous polished diamonds. When I brought it one evening on my way back to the office after a meeting almost a year ago, I had thought nothing more than the fact how much Ria will love it. Not even the price. But after calming ourselves from the high of the proposal that night, she had stared at it the longest while I squirmed with anxiety and then her beautiful emerald orbs speared mine, making me sweat lightly. Then she had smiled and told me how much the ring had reminded of my eyes and how much of a perfect ring it was.

She smiled at me with a chuckle, snapping me off of the daydream.

"Aaron's here." She told me and left my hand to run into Aaron's embrace.

"Ah, there you are Cartoon Baby!"

Aaron laughed as he let her out of the circle of his arms. Ria giggled in reply as I walked towards them, briefly patting Aaron's back with a smile as we shook hands that spoke of our age old friendship and exchanged pleasantries.

"Heard you posed for the Vogue in nude?" I asked with an eyebrow raised, amusement in my eyes as Aaron burst out laughing.

"What? Are you planning to stick that picture on your walls too, Adam?" Aaron asked referring to the picture-collage in my room back in Virginia and Ria punched his arm, playfully growling at him.

"Yeah right." I chuckled, "As if seeing your junk will help me sleep at night."

After Ria, I can't help the sarcasm.

"Hey, I scooped millions with that picture!" He exclaimed offended, his eyebrows furrowed and all. "My d*ck is in high demand, just so you know."

"Boys, boys! Break it up!" Ria yelled with barely suppressed laughter, waving her hands between us madly as if that could break the impending ego-clash. "And you!" She pointed at Aaron's face, a habit I had come to love as hers, "You stop talking about your penis. That is not something I want to hear before my marriage."

"Duly noted."

He nodded with a mischievous glint in his eyes that told me that this wouldn't be the last time we would be hearing of his certain apart of male anatomy. Just as I was about to open my mouth to cross him, I was distracted by Ria coming into my arms; her arms going around me in a half-hug that I had come to familiarize myself as her being nervous. I simply pulled her closer with my heavy arm over her shoulders, trying to convey that I am with her. Aaron was scowling at us.