Chapter 14: There's No Such Thing as Personal Space

-Yukine's POV-

When we reached a park, we decided it was a safe enough distance from our pursuers and collapsed on a nearby bench.

"Sorry," (Y/n) mumbled. "I was too heavy wasn't I?"

I looked at her. Her (h/l) (h/c) hair fell in her face, and her (e/c) eyes were fixed on the ground.

"No–hah– Not at all," I replied.

"Then, why are you panting so hard?" (Y/n) shot look at me.

"Because we ran a long way," I tried to respond coolly.

"Sure," she said, not believing me whatsoever.

-(Y/n)'s POV-

I looked up at Yukine and our eyes connected. "Thank you," I breathed.

Yukine turned around quickly, and I could see that his ears were red. My heart rose and fell in an instant. Was he starting to like me? But I knew it was just because I kissed him and made things awkward between us.

I stood up, completely forgetting that I had a sprain. As I started to fall Yukine turned around at the right moment and together we fell on the ground. Me on top of him.

Our faces were an inch away and equally dusted pink. I could've easily kissed Yukine, but I didn't. It was awkward enough as it was. I tilted my head to the side, "Sorry..."

"I-It's okay..." he replied after a moment of hesitation.

-Yukine's POV-

(Y/n) pushed herself off me and put some distance between us. I couldn't help but frown at the action.

Without thinking, I scooted closer to her. Our shoulders were now touching, and my frown was gone. Why do I feel this way? I thought.

-Lily's POV-

I smiled at the scene unfolding before me. "Way to go, (Y/n)! You got Yukine to fall in love with you! With my help, of course," I said the last part in a smug tone.

I'm the one that made her fall. Sure, I wasn't supposed to help– not any more than I already was– but it's my game, my rules. I've decided to secretly help her once each anime– if I felt like it that is. And as of right now, I liked how my intervention was turning out.

What would (Y/n) do without me? I thought and shook my head. Now, that mission "fall in love" is a go, all she needs is a confession...

A/n: Sorry for the short chappy! Yukine has fallen in love with you! Now what? See what happens next in the next chapter!!!