A small conversation over a cup of freshly brewed tea

Misaki looks at me and says, "Is there anything wrong?"
It took me a while to let everything sink in. This is the same Misaki from elementary school! Just like Michio, she changed so much I couldn't recognize her!
"Oh, it's nothing," I say, as I begin sweating a bit.
She turns around and pours me a cup of tea from a teapot on the table in the middle of the room.
"Here, come take a seat," she tells me, as she places the cup on the other side of the table.
She sits down herself and I slowly bring myself to sit down as well. The couch is surprisingly comfy and I see the tea inside the cup slightly gleaming. The teacup itself has an ornate design with pink flowers on the side.
"I haven't seen you around here before," she says, as she takes a sip of tea, "where are you from?"
"From the rural suburbs," I reply, as I shyly take a sip as well.
"Ah, I've always wanted to live in the countryside," she tells me, "how long have you stayed there?"
"About nine years," I answer.
Misaki was about to speak again when she suddenly bows in front of me and starts apologizing.
"Sorry if I'm being so rude," she tells me, "I just thought you were cool and wanted to know more about you."
"It's fine," I reply.
"I should tell you a bit about myself too," she tells me, "I'm the new president of this club, so please feel free to ask me if you have any questions!"
I nod and, stuttering a bit, ask, "how long has this club been up for?"
"About ten years now," she says, "at least that's what I heard."
"Wow, that's a pretty long time," I reply.
"Yes, but they say it's long since the glory days of this club," she tells me, as she looks to side with a sad expression.
"May I ask why that is?"
"Sure," she says, as she turns back at me, "ever since the last president graduated, no one else wanted to take over the club after her. Slowly, people began leaving until by the end of the year, it was only me left in the club."
Misaki begins tearing up a bit, but she quickly rubs away her tears.
I suddenly feel the need to apologize.
"I'm so sorry for asking," I tell her, as I take my bag and begin to leave.
"No, stay here," she tells me, "I really enjoy your company."
I sit back down and put my bag to the side. I wanted to help her feel that she isn't alone, and that someone is always there. It made me sad as well to think about the many days she went to this club room only to find nobody cared.
She finishes clearing her eyes of tears and says, "I love tea, and I hope I can share my passion with the rest of the school! If the student council finds I'm the only one in this club left, however, it's going to get shut down for sure...."
"Not on my watch," I say, not even thinking, "I'll help you keep this club open!"
Right then, Misaki begins tearing up again.
"Really? Would you really do that for me?"
Stuttering a bit, I reply, "Yes, I will. I'll join the club as well!"
The moment I finished that sentence, she runs from the other side of the table to hug me. The table that was between us shakes a bit, but not enough for tea to fall out. I could feel the warmth of her embrace.
"Thank you so much Mashiro," she says still hugging me tightly, "I really appreciate it."
After a moment, she lets go and runs back to the other side of the table.
Misaki suddenly gives an embarrassed expression and stutters while saying, "I'm sorry for getting carried away!"
"It's fine," I reply, "I would find myself doing the same as well."
My phone vibrates in my pocket. I received a text message from Aunt Namie.
Hey, Mashiro! Come home quick! I need to leave for work early and I need you to babysit Mimi for me!
Seeing that, I break it to Misaki: "I need to go home now, my aunt is waiting for me back at home.... When are you going home?"
She thinks for a bit and replies, "I'll stay here until five to wait for new members."
I am stunned by her dedication to the club. It must take a lot of patience to come every single day after school and hope for someone to come.
"Alright," I reply, "see you tomorrow!...."
"Wait a second, Mashiro," she suddenly tells me, "I still have one more question to ask you.... is that alright?"
I look at the time on my watch and I look at Misaki.
"Sure, I guess I have some time left," I say.
Stuttering a bit, she asks me, "where did you live before living in the rural area?"
I knew exactly what she was getting at the moment she finished her sentence. I figured there was no point in hiding it.
I sigh and reply, "I lived here for about seven years, actually."
Misaki's face suddenly lights up.
"Then my hunch was correct; you must be the same Mashiro I knew back then!"
She runs up to me and hugs me.
"We have to catch up soon then! I never thought I would see you again!"
She lets go after a while and tells me, "Nine years later, you're still helping me, I guess. I already owe you a huge debt from back then...."
"Oh, don't mention it," I reply, "I really need to go now. Bye!"
"Goodbye! See you tomorrow!"
I close the club door behind me and walk to the locker room to get my shoes. On my way back home, I just couldn't stop thinking about my conversation and reunion with Misaki. It must be fate we meet each other again. I took a turn from the busy street and arrived home. I open the door.
"Tadaima," I greet Aunt Namie, "am I late?"
"Okaeri, Mashiro," my aunt said with a smile, "you aren't late at all, I'm just about to leave."
"Great," I reply, "where's Mimi?"
"Over in the living room," my aunt tells me, as she begins to put on her shoes and open the door to leave.
"Okay, I'm leaving now, Mashiro. Bye!"
"Bye, Aunt Namie," I say, as I wave to her while she goes out the door.
Shortly after my aunt leaves, I go to the living room. Mimi, my aunt's 4 year old child, is just sitting on the sofa in the right side of the room. She is watching some sort of kid's show on TV.
"Hey, Mimi," I say, as I sit on the couch just across from her.
"Hi, Mashiro," she says excitedly. Mimi is always happy to see me for some reason. I'm starting to think it's because she's an only child and that I've become a big brother figure to her. Aunt Namie's husband is off in business trips often too, and Mimi is just left alone at home with no one to play with. It's because of these facts that I always find the time to say hi and check up on how she's doing.
"Where were you," she asks, as she plays a little with the dolls next to her, "I missed you."
"Went to school before you woke up," I reply, "want anything to eat?"
"No thanks," she tells me, "mommy fed me."
"Okay," I say to her, "imma just be upstairs."
I walk up the stairs and go inside the well-made room Aunt Namie had set up for me.
What a long day....
I lie on my bed for a while and think about my experiences at Fuji High School. A moment later, I get up to make myself something to eat.