Epilogue: A New Era

The smell romance filled the air, and Thais started getting crowded. Folk's from the other isles paid the ancient city a visit. Builders came across the Aristha Isles helped repair the damaged buildings caused by the demons during the assault. The city market was full of hustle-bustle when the merchants coming from Veldt, Sedona and Veldarah started yelling in attempt to promote their finest goods.

The castle, looking from outside, has tastefully decorated in conjunction with the memorable occasion. Flags of Thais waving in two lines, welcoming the ambassadors and special guests from the other cities. Birds chirped uncommonly happily on the tree branches. The whole castle as turned magically wonderful like the days when the late Queen Alicia Pendragon ruled the kingdom decades ago.

Inside the castle, in the master bedroom...

"Look at this beautiful wedding gown the seamstress made!" exclaimed a castle maid, who was putting on makeup for Rhen.

"Oh m'lady! You're as beautiful as your mother!" said the other, who was tying her hair into braid.

Rhen looked at the tall mirror, wondering who was that beautiful lad in front. She spun a round, the gown danced as she twirled, and chuckled. The gown was made perfectly fit for a sword singer. She could not wait to dance around with this beautiful gown.

A maid walked into the room, panting, "Hurry down, everyone is waiting for you!"

With the help of the maids, Rhen hurried downstairs. The castle was in a flurry of activities!

~~~

"Today we gather to see these two mortals come together under the sun as one," announced the consort. The ceremony has begun. "Rhen Pendragon, will you take Dameon Maurva to be your husband and king?"

"Aye!" sitting on the throne, Rhen answered in full confidence.

The consort continued, "Dameon Maurva, will you take Rhen Pendragon to be your wife and queen?"

Sitting beside her, Dameon looked at Rhen and winked, "Aye!"

"Then I pronounce you joined under the family Pendragon!" the crowd clapped their hands. "Wait citizens! Wait! We're not finished yet. On to the coronation!"

The crowd went into silence as they watched the ceremony continued. The consort held a beautiful tiara made of finest diamonds with amethysts, and walked to the back of Rhen's throne. "Do you swear to protect the citizens and kingdom of Thais?"

"I do," Rhen answered firmly.

"Then I pronounce you..." he put the tiara onto her head. "The Queen of Thais!"

Faint sound of applause could be heard. The consort was not holding a crown made of diamonds with embers. He stood at the back of Dameon's throne. "Do you swear to protect the citizens and kingdom of Thais?"

Dameon held Rhen's hand, who smiled in return. "I do."

"Then I pronounce you... the King of Thais!" the consort walked to the middle and announced, "Citizens! I bestow upon you the King and Queen of Thais!"

The room, once again, roared with huge applause and whistle. The king and queen stood up, holding their hands up high. Rhen saw her friends were there. Lars' whistling, Elini and John were clapping, Te'ijal and Galahad were smiling. When she walked down to the middle of the hall, Ma came up to her and dived into a hug.

"Oh Rhen..." cried Ma. "You've grown up."

"Ma..." tears started soaking her makeup. She looked up and saw Pa smiling at her.

"So proud of you, my dear, So proud of you," he joined the hug, and they burst into tears of joy.

~~~

And so the story ends.

The land prospered as a new golden age began.

Thais recovered and both the kingdoms and isles returned to peace and prosperity.

The rule of Rhen the Great and Dameon the Noble found its way to the history books and later into legend.

THE END