Emerson Plays the Bad-Girl

I trudged through all my classes, one by one. Even an early-out was long. How was I supposed to last until 3:00?! My schedule as follows:

1st: Algebra

2nd: History

3rd: Cultural Studies

4th: Literature

5th: Lunch

6th: Life Science

7th: Economics

8th: Study Hall

9th: P.E./ Athletics

My feet were sore as strolled out of Rozlow. There were no confrontations with the Coldgrove Clique... yet. I feared the worst.

Dylan of Jaime didn't even talk to me much. At lurch, they only shrugged or were silent. I was getting annoyed with them. Noelle was right: I was sorry. I had already screwed up on the first day. Jaime and Dylan were so distant from the rest of us. Why were they acting so weird? We had hung out all summer, and everything was totally fine. Maybe they both happened to start PMSing this week.

I took off my blazer and my Miu Miu's. I texted Harry.

Emerson: Hurry up Harry! I want to get out of here, a.s.a.p!

Harry: Sorry about that; Isabelle needed me to pick up the Dior Fall Collection so you could shop... Coming now!

I clenched my jaw and rubbed my forehead. I hated when Isabelle brought shopping to me, not the other way around. Oddly, I didn't really feel like shopping today. I was tired, and needed a spa treatment.

Ten minutes later, Harry pulled up.

I looked around for Zach, but saw him nowhere.

I hurried towards the Range and pulled myself in.

Harry turned in his seat and smiled at me. "How was school, lass?"

I shook my head. "Hectic. I don't really like Rozlow. Jaime and Dylan were acting distant. It was probably because I was hard on Jaime for eating non-stop, and I snapped at Dylan for not wearing her custom Miu Miu's." I groaned.

"Did you see wee little Zachary anywhere, lass?" Harry frowned.

"No," I said. "I tried looking for him, but didn't see him. He probably made a friend and went over to his house. No big deal."

Harry shrugged and cocked his head. "Alright... If he isn't back by dinner, I'll go out a-looking for him."

"Step on it........." My voice drifted off, and I realized I was asleep.

I woke up. I was in my bed. I was still wearing my black tank that I wore underneath my blazer, and my tight ELLE skirt. I groaned as I rolled out of bed.

I slugged over to the intercom and pressed the all-call button. "Mom, where are you?" I asked into the speaker.

"Spa. Come down here! You could use a treatment based on how I saw you after Harry carried you into the house."

I rolled my eyes. "Coming."

I punched "basement" into the elevator door, and soon I was walking past the pool and sauna area. I pushed open the doors to the spa, and made a left to the treatment room. Forward was the hair-salon, right was the massage centre.

Isabelle was perched in a treatment chair, cuc slices covering her eyes, green scrub on her face, and in a plush white robe.

"Emie?"