Mental Break Down

Chap. 4

I wondered how just about three hours ago I had hanging burned skin and right now, there was nothing but a crimson red line. I think that bag of blood did me good, considering Ariel wouldn't shut up about how nervous she feels for the second part of the test. She mentioned it being the worse one yet, since the Heads wanted pressure on everyone, for the reasons of the unknown. I just wanted to live through the assessment and apologise to Warren who clearly avoided any communication with me. Would I have known as that he was going to use that specific tube, I would have chosen a different one, or even let him go first. But then again, who was I trying to fool, If it wasn't for Warren, I could be dead. Or at least that's what Jasper had said.

"I don't know what Jasper may have told you, but I really enjoy completing this assessment." Lawrence appeared by our side in a millisecond. It was literally, he wasn't here and then he was.

"Why?" A girl with strawberry blonde hair quivers her face reddening slightly.

"I get to know all of your weaknesses, let's not waste anymore time. First on my list are Gwendalyn Moyers, Jace Wilson." Then he said a few more names that I did not recognize.

I watch Gwendalyn take off in the direction on shaky legs, Jace gently interlocks their hands as they wonder off around the corner.

It doesn't take even a minute before I heard screams and thrashing of metal. What was going on there!?

Ariel grabs my shoulder, I can see sweat creasing on her forehead.
"We'll do this together. Don't worry, I've talked to Adrian." She smiles and I grin weakly back. Do what though?

Then the two came out wobbling and hitting the walls almost blindly. A few more people were called and examined with god knows what and god knows how.

"Blair Volkova and Ariel Williams please enter." I heard Lawrence say and we both glance at each other, before heading in the way of his voice.

To my view appear two dental chairs. There was nothing else in the dark room. "Miss Volkova, I hope you do not mind that I assess both Adrian, you and Ariel at the same time." Lawrence has that intimidated glare on his face that I couldn't say no to even if I wanted.

"Sure." Do whatever the hell you want, creep.

Lawrence clears his throat lightly, gesturing to the empty seats.
I cautiously place my bottom on the uncomfortable chair, the plastic cover groaning beneath me.

Adrian leans over me with a cruel gaze, "Is this going to hurt?" I question and we met each other with our red eyes.

"Alright let's begin." Lawrence says and I look at Ariel which has a concentrated look on her face.
What kind of test is this?

Then I feel a palm over my forehead and everything goes blank. My eyelids drop shut.

I open my eyes finding myself locked under four black walls.
Ariel appears next to me with Lawrence and Adrian next.
"Just what I expected." Lawrence comments glaring at Ariel.

"Ariel you need to let go. Remove the walls. We need to get inside your head." Lawrence speaks urgently, but the red head shakes her head violently.

"I'll go first." Adrian motions, his eyes hold concern and Lawrence nods his head, then the surroundings submerge into a green forest field.

"Miss Volkova I want you paying close attention at what happens next. We are right now inside Adrian's head facing his inner fears." The older Head informs and urges us to walk, Adrian was in the front not saying anything.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE." There were two Ariels now, one by my side another running towards Adrian with a crossed look.

"I know." He waffles his muscles tense up, and he wouldn't look at anything but her.