Chapter 1

Riko stood next to the other girls in her clique watching as everybody checked out the new girl.

     Standing next to her was her best friend Mira. While she was looking at the new girl, Riko took the chance to check her out. She hadn’t fully looked at Mira’s clothes for the day. The new girl would come next.

     Mira had long caramel hair that was swept into a low ponytail tied with a purple ribbon. She had pale skin and dull green eyes. Even though on another person the eyes would look out of place, they looked at home on Mira’s face.

     Today Riko’s best friend was wearing a black choker and a purple flowey blouse that went down to just under her waist. She was wearing grey tights with black dots. The shoes we're exactly the same ones as the day previous. Mira loved them. Black leather ankle shoes with laces.

     At this point Mira glanced toward Riko. “What do you think?” Riko blinked.Oh, yeah. New girl. Riko’s eyes flicked up to the female fidgeting in front of the group of pretty sharks.

     Riko walked out from her group and inspected this girl carefully. The other students watched to see if she would be banished or accepted. Depending on how Riko and Mira would treat this girl would affect how everybody else treated her. The teachers let it happen when a new student came through.

     Riko and Mira we're the big fish, the leaders. And everybody knew it from the moment they walked into the school.

     The female fidgeted again under the state of pretty ice blue eyes. Riko figured that the girl was trying to dress her best to make a good impression on the first day of school.

     “Name?” Mira answered her question. “Alice Manchego.”  Riko narrowed her eyes. Alice had dirty blonde tresses that brushed her shoulders. A purple streak added a burst of color to her hair. Riko could work with that. Her eyes were emerald green, her skin milky and pale. Riko approved. Now, makeup and clothes.

     Mutters circled the students as Riko observed Alice quietly.

     A bubblegum pink dress showed off her shoulders nicely, and she had light pink tights on under the dress. White sneakers. That would have to change, but so far so good. Pink teardrop earrings. That was fine.

     Riko met her eyes and the girl blushed slightly. The makeup was simple, not overboard. Riko liked that. She herself didn't cake on the makeup like some of the other girls in the group did. Riko liked her.

     The female gulped when Riko glanced at the students. And at Mira questionably. Mira nodded.

     Riko drew back to stand next to Mira. “You won’t be the next Mira, but welcome.” This response stirred up the students, it wasn’t normally when Riko Darren chose a girl to be part of her group. “But we're going to have to work on some things.” Riko smiled, waved her over and swivels around and started to her first class. Mira followed her. The other girls followed, and Alice disappeared into the small group of pretty females.

     Riko was the typical mean girl, but only Mira knew her secrets.