Truths hurt

Leo POV

"Remember that time I told you guys that I burned down my home?" I told Percy.

"Yeah," he replied. "I remember you saying how all of your family cast you out and you were left an orphan."

"Well, that is true but that's not the whole truth. Percy, that night of the fire, I burnt my mother to ashes." I whispered back, barely holding in the tears. My eyes were glassy and now I could finally show my true emotions. After all this time hiding behind a mask that was never real, I was finally able to let go. Tears started rolling freely down my face as I broke down in front of the only person I now considered a friend, maybe even brother. A few weeks ago, being this close to Percy, considering him a brother seemed almost impossible. My best friend was Jason and I had a girlfriend who I could open up to. But now, after the recent events, including our mysterious power surges and being sentenced to death, things had changed drastically.

Now here's the little thing I forgot to tell you, about mine and Percy's new powers. Truth be told, we don't know where they came from. One day at camp, we decided to go into the forest to train but as soon as we got started, things began going very (and I mean very) wrong.

Flashback:

"Get ready to feel the burn!" I yelled and ran into a group of hellhounds. Not wanting to be outdone, Percy soon followed yelling something that was lost to my ears over the growls of the nasty hounds from hell.

"Hey Leo?" Percy shouted at me. "Why are you glowing? Actually, why I am I glowing?"

Startled, I looked over at him to find him also emanating a silvery blue and black aura. Seemingly, the hell hounds knew more about this than me and ran away from us, apparently very afraid. Suddenly, I began to feel very lightheaded and dizzy. As the ground approached me at a fast and alarming pace, the last thing I could remember was seeing Percy's body laying somewhere close by, the air around him seeming to dis-form.

Percy POV:

For some reason, I always disliked hurting hellhounds, they reminded me too much of my own pet hellhound Mrs O'Leary. So, occasionally in a fight, I would 'accidentally' trip and miss a swipe at a hellhound who would run away soon after. I realized that that was my downfall as I came face to face with one mean fat ass ugly one. And let me say, he was uuuugly!

Anyway, as soon as my fight response got underway, I say the weirdest of things. Leo was glowing. Now I'm not talking about a beautiful youthful glow or his usual flames here, I mean proper golden orangey black glowing. However, I couldn't keep a focus on Leo as I shouted at him. I managed to shout a short phrase as darkness invaded my vision. The last thing I felt was the impact against the musky Earth.

SOMEWHERE IN SPACE:

"What do you mean you sneezed and let your powers loose on two demi-gods, do you know what the primordials are going to do to them?" Order raged across the vast room at Chaos, her brother, who was currently looking very suspicious and sheepish.

"Hey, what can we do now?" Chaos shrugged nonchalantly. "The least we can do is give the more power and knowledge to these demi-gods on how to control these powers. Anyway, the ancient laws forbid us from getting involved with Earth and all those on it."

Order could see that Chaos was clearly hiding something from her and wondered what was so severe that he wouldn't even tell her, his own sister! As Order stormed out of the room, Chaos silently looked down at the mere speck of sand that was known as earth. Of all the planets out there, this one was the biggest problem and it was now giving him a massive headache from the amount of power he gave out and also from the rising danger that the demi-gods needed to face.