Prologue

Snow gently laced the forest, covering the dying grass and trees. Two figures rushed through the snow, leaving a trail behind them.
"We need to keep running, Grasspaw! The yellow monsters are catching up to us!" A small tabby black cat meowed out to his tortishell companion.
"You don't think I know that, Moltenpaw!? It doesn't help that half the clan was wiped out by those things. Just keep running, till we reach the river. They won't be able to cross there." Grasspaw replied.
The two stopped their yelling, panting as they sprinted across the steep snow. Behind them, bulldozers slowly made their through the dying forest. The state had issued an order to clear out the forest, giving more space for new homes that would soon be occupied by families renting them during the summer, wishing to escape the city heat. Though, like many humans, they had no knowledge of the large amount of clan cats that resided in the forest. During a gathering, much of Thunderclan was wiped out by the bulldozers. The two apprentices, Moltenpaw and Grasspaw, managed to escape the camp before they were ran over. The young toms ran, hoping to reach Riverclan territory.
"Grasspaw, what if the clan goes back to the territory before we can warn Riverclan and the rest of the clans? Thunderclan will be permanently wiped out forever!" Moltenpaw mewed out panicky.
"We just have to pray to Starclan we can prevent this."

The two apprentices finally arrived at the river, the frozen water giving them trouble as they crossed. They tripped many times, giving themselves many bruises and even small cuts from sharp ice. The two were exhausted, adrenaline leaving their system.
"Grasspaw, we should really rest for just a second. The monsters are far behind us. We should be able to rest of at least a few minutes." Moltenpaw urged his fellow peer, his legs shaking with exhaustiveness. Grasspaw gave a tiny nod. "Yea, we'll rest."
The two settled down next to each other, curling up close. They'd never felt so at peace to be sleeping in snow.

An hour later, the two awoke to unpleasant sounds and sights. The monsters had caught up to them, and even worse, were head towards fourtrees. Moltenpaw jolted up, taking off towards fourtrees. "No! They're going to get killed, we have to wa-- Argh!" Before the tom could go any further, Grasspaw tackled and pinned him to the ground. "We can't save them now, Moltenpaw! We just have to hope that we can save Riverclan and hope that Windclan and Shadowclan make it out!" He mewed out, his voice firm. Moltenpaw nodded, gulping down his fear. Grasspaw let him up, and after he regained himself, they took off, heading towards Riverclan's camp. The two bursted through the entrance of the camp, their flanks heaving heavily as the small group of young apprentices and old warriors came to crowd around them.
"What are you doing here? You're Thunderclan, did you poor kits get lost?" A small female sneered at them, her tail lashing.
"Calm down, young Cloverpaw. They're obviously in distress. What is wrong, you two?" An older, yet same height, brown tom mewed out. His voice was calm and clear.
"Thunderclan is dead. The majority of the clans are dead." Grasspaw said bluntly, his flanks still heaving. The small group of cats gasped and murmured. "Fox-dung! You two are lying, mouse-brained Thunderclan apprentices trying to trick us! Let just drive them back to their territory, Watershade!" A small, ragged tom growled out. "Calm down, everybody. These apprentices have no reason to lie. How did they die, might I ask?" Watershade meowed out firmly.
Moltenpaw and Grasspaw exchanged looks before one of them stepped up. "Big, yellow monsters came a few hours ago, starting at the kittypet place and making their way through Thunderclan's territory. By the time night fell, and the majority of the clan had gone out to the gathering. When they came, Grasspaw and I were just about to get prey. They crashed through...the nursery and warriors den. Then, the apprentice and leader. We ran, we had to. We can only assume the elders died as well.." Moltenpaw voice began to shake, fear gripping his heart. Grasspaw padded up, counting the story. "After that, we ran. To the river, but we were so exhausted by the time, that we slept. When we awoke, they were close. Some, headed to Fourtrees. By this time, most-to-all should be dead."
Riverclan cats gasped and paniced. Watershade yowled, "Quiet!! Listen, our best option is to gather as much prey and herbs and start to leave. Mangepaw and Cloverpaw will be helping you out to the barn place. I will take theses two apprentice to the other territories and search for survivors." The cats all murmured in agreement, quickly getting to work.
"Well, lets go. I'll lead the way." Watershade mewed out to Grasspaw and Moltenpaw. The three took off, heading towards Fourtrees. Dust and rubble only remained. "Oh, starclan help us." Grasspaw mewed out as he looked down at the destruction. Moltenpaw flattened his ears to his head, only for them to perk up after. "Wait- Do you hear that? Cats are alive!" He mewed out, taking down the hill into the rubble. "Moltenpaw!" Grasspaw called after him as Watershade dashed after the apprentice. Moltenpaw pressed through the noise and chaos around, determined to find the other cats. He pressed through the dust, the mews becoming clearer. 'Those meows...I know that! Its Shadepaw! Wait, theres more. Blackfur...and Paletail!' He thought to himself, pushing his paws to the limits. He emerged in a small clearing were his clanmates and other cats coward under knocked over trees. "Over here!" Moltenpaw yowled out, managing to get their attention. He watched as Blackfur nudged the smaller cats, most likely apprentices, over to his direction. After the cats were gathered, Blackfur and Paletail followed. The small group took off back, catching Watershade on their way back up the hill.
The group of cats gasped, coughed, and panted. Their bodies were covered in dust and soot, making them seem like dirty city cats. Moltenpaw was shaking, his body drenched in soot and dirt. Watershade spoke, "Good job. Next time, at least tell us what you're doing before you dash off." Moltenpaw nodded his head, making his way over to Grasspaw who attacked him with concern and worry. "Alright, thanks to this young appren-" "Moltenpaw." "Right, thanks to Moltenpaw, you all have been saved. Blackfur, its nice to know you're alive. Once you've gotten yourself situated, head to the barn place. Riverclan is camping there, and if we hurry, other survivors will too." Watershade announced, allowing the cats to take in the situation. Blackfur padded over to his fellow warrior, whispering something to him before signal the small group of cats to follow him. Shadepaw lagged behind, her eyesight failing her.
Moltenpaw and Grasspaw looked over to Watershade, waiting for what he had to say next. "Well, lets get moving, shall we?" He asked, starting to walk away to Windclan territorry. The trio made managed to make it to Windclan's territory in almost half am hour. When they walked into the camp, it was barren, lined only with less than a handful of apprentices and a warrior. Moltenpaw explained the situation to them, which once again resulted in panic, only for them to here the temporary solution. They watched as the small group of cats left, before continuing on to Shadowclan's territory.
"Do you really think those cats will leave their territory? Their leader was such an uptight and strict leader, they'll probably think that Thunderclan and Riverclan are just trying to trick them." Grasspaw remarked out-loud, his pace slowing as they approached the camp's entrance. "We just have to hope they listen to us. If not, its their deaths. I'm not concerned with losing headstrong and mouse-brained cats." Watershade replied, his voice sneer. The three regained themselves as they walked through the entrance, which was greeted with loud growling and many hisses. Moltenpaw scoffed, stepping forward. "Can you all just put your fox-dung pride behind you and hear us out?" The clan went quiet, standing around to listen what the Thunderclan apprentice had to say. Moltenpaw cleared his throat, "Well, as you can see, your leader and other clanmates have not returned. This is because, they have been killed by monsters. Huge yellow ones that destory everything in their path. Grasspaw, Watershade and I have managed to save as many as we can. Most of Thunderclan, Windclan, and Riverclan has been killed, only left with enough cats to make at least one clan. Now, we urge you to leave with us to the barn place, where we will discuss where we will go to and what we will do."
Shadowclan erupted with sneer laughs and concerned gasping. "You honestly expect us to just up and leave with any proof of this? You must be more mouse-brained than a two-leg." A large white apprentice sneered out, getting his other clanmates to laugh and agree. "Please, you must trust in us and kno-" Before Grasspaw could finished his sentence, crackling was heard. They all turned their heads, looking towards the a sound. Horror spread through the clan as a monster barged through the camp, wiping out the nursery and leader den. Cats scattered, hoping to save whatever they could. The original trio didn't panic, yet they fled. They dashed out of the camp, only to be met with a voice all-to-known. This time, it wasn't sneer and cocky, instead frightened and scared like a kits. "W-Wait for m..-me!" The white tom rushed after them. The group ran back to the barn place, managing to escape the destruction of the yellow monsters.
The foursome walked through tree line, met with a crowd of cats. Moltenpaw cringed at various scents that mixed together. The trio left the shadowclan apprentice and walked throught he crowd, managing to find a rock to stand on. "Attention!" Watershade yowled out, quiet spreading through the cats. "Listen, as you all know, and may have seen, the clans are destroyed. There is no going back now, our only chance is to move forward. Past moonstone, past the mountains. We must leave this place if we are to survive." Cats uprised, meowed of agreement and disagreement. "Stop, there is no arguments. If you wish to die, stay here. If you want to live, come with me and these two apprentice. They are the reason you all have survived this long." Watershade announced. Moltenpaw and Grasspaw came up, speaking in unison, "All those who follow, will be able to escape the twolegs moving in on our territory. We can start over, we can be the new clans. Our first generation, to now, to what will be the third generation of warriors!"
All the cats nodded in union, joining in as the two apprentice rallied them. "We are the future! We are, Warriors!" The cats yowled in agreement. The old clans were now a legend, now was the start of a new era. The fall of the clans had started, and now, we rise.