I Hate Being Sick Continued

She didn't answer. Instead, she did the same thing with my other cheek bone, looked at her thumb, looked at me quickly, and looked back at her thumb, then asked. "Are you wearing foundation?"

Zeb and Kanan shared a confused look and Hera had a look of question and concern but it also had traces of amusement, and I was just confused.

"What? No." I said defensively.

Zeb busted up laughing at my poor lie, spraying a mouthful of food across the table, Kanan used the Force to stop the food from spraying on Hera, Hera ducked anyway, Sabine laughed hysterically, and I gave a weak laugh.

After that calmed down and Zeb had apologized through his laughing fit.

"Yeah you are, and you have it all over your face," Sabine said as she continued to rub it off.

I pushed her hands away. "Stop it," I complained.

"Let me see," Hera said standing up and did the same thing that Sabine was doing a second ago. I batted her hands away. "Come on stop it," I complained more and sent a look to Kanan that said Blast you for not helping me!

"Jazzmin stay still!" Hera said sternly.

It's ok, just let her do it. She's just worried. Kanan said through the Force.

I gave an annoyed groan but let Hera do her thing.

About ten minutes later. When her hands got within an inch of my forehead I heard her give a small gasp and, being Force sensitive and all, felt her heart rate increase a little bit. She pressed her palms to my cheeks and forehead. "Jazzmin you're burning up!"

I retreated from her touch as soon as she said that. "No, I'm not. I feel fine, your hands are just cold," I said immediately protesting.

Kanan cocked his eyebrow suspiciously.

Hera ignored me. "Kanan, take her temp. I'm going to get some cooling pads, Sabine go get the medicine, and Zeb clean up the kitchen will ya." Crap. She's gone in into Momma Hera mode.

Instead of a pleading look, I gave Kanan a death glare with a threat over the bond If you touch me I will not talk to you for a year!

Kanan stood up and walked over to me as the others left the room (Zeb left grumpily, having to clean up and all). He didn't touch me he just stood there trying to break down my mental wall to feel my feelings.

I sighed. "Kanan, you taught me how to defend against mental attack, you're not getting through my-" I stopped as a sensation goes down my spine. My knees buckled. Before I hit the ground Kanan caught me.

"Jazzmin what's wrong?" He asked slightly panicked as he maneuvered me over the sit down on the booth.

"I don't know," I said laying my head down on the table. "I thought I was fine. I've been through fevers before but this doesn't feel like a normal fever."

The tingling sensation came again, this time going through all my muscles making my right leg fall asleep. "Urrg. Why's it have to be the right leg, why is it always the right leg?" I complained. It is very uncomfortable to be sitting with a leg that is asleep.

"Jazzmin open your end of the bond, lower your walls," Kanan instructed as Hera came back in. "Let me feel what you're feeling so I can help," Kanan continued. Hera was about to say something but Kanan silently stopped her.

I buried my head in my arms as my left leg fell asleep as well.

"Jazzmin," Kanan said in a warning tone. Please, he added through the Force.