Innocence | Ben Woodburn

A/N: This is sooo late and I'm sorry about that, SophieLewandowska28 but I hope that you do enjoy it in the end. Trent and co. make a short (not really) appearance in this. 

Sophie looked toward her new school with a bit of fear. New school year and an entirely new school of people. There was every chance it could go terribly wrong but at the same time, a chance that it could go quite nicely. 

C'mon, Sophie. She thought to herself. This is not the time to start freaking out. You have to put your best foot forward like all those TV shows say to do. Just don't look weird and everything will be golden.

Which is much easier said than done.

She walked up to the building, opened the main doors and was suddenly blown away.

Trophies practically made the walls, lining the sides and making the foyer she stepped into that much brighter as they reflected the lights from the ceiling with their newly polished metal. With a closer look at them, the lowest the sports teams at the school came in was third and even with that one, it was hidden away quite a bit as if even third was a disappointment here. Not many schools could be like this, especially not her old one.

And as she moved closer to one side of the open area, she saw that a majority of the trophies were for the football team, both girl's and boy's teams enjoying a lot of success. Now she really couldn't wait to be a part of this school. 

"Like all the nice trophies?" someone asked her. She turned around quickly to a guy that gave her a nervous smile and pointed to a row of trophies that wasn't quite that filled. "Won two of those last year with the lads. Golden boot is mine."

"It's actually mine!"

The two both turned around to see a group of boys practically falling over themselves with laughter.

"Right backs can score a lot of goals too, Ben! It's 2017, mate, get educated!"

The guy next to her, Ben apparently, tried to hide his face, which was getting redder by the second. He mumbled something along the lines of: "I'm in a school. What do you think I'm here for?"

Sophie slowly inched away from all this, at first mesmerized by the awards the school won and now slightly questioning the sanity of the people she just met.

"I've got to go," Sophie muttered, catching Ben's attention quickly. "Need to find the Headmaster's room--"

"I can show you where it is!" he blurted out, making his already red face even redder.

There was all the opportunity in the world for her to turn this offer down.

She just questioned his and his friends' collective sanity just a moment ago, it'd be protecting herself in a new school, not being rude.

Then again, she had no idea where the Headmaster's room was and was probably going to ask someone or wander the halls until someone was kind enough to help her.

Which would probably be Ben anyways. 

"Would you really?" Sophie asked, taking the time to finally look at Ben's face beyond the overall redness of it. His blue eyes seemed to hold some truth in them, but even then she only just met them.

"He would! Knows the place like the back of his hand, Ben. Been called there so many times!"

Again, his friends dissolved into fits of laughter and again, Ben's face got red enough that he could fit in for the red dragon on the Welsh flag.

"I," Ben started but eventually have up on it. He sighed, rubbing his face a little in hopes that it wouldn't be so red. No such thing. "Let's just go to the Headmaster's room."

He went on without another word, causing Sophie to rush right after him, following closely in case he moved about with no warning once again. 

"What did he--?"

"Trent?" Ben cut her off immediately, laughing just a little bit. "He just jokes around a lot. Harry, Ovie, and Ryan aren't as bad . . . but that's what friends do, joke around. He wasn't wrong about me going to the Headmaster's a lot, though." Once he saw Sophie blanch just a bit, he quickly added, "Only because of getting good marks and football!" 

They fell into a comfortable silence there, walking past classes that were already filling up to get ready for the school day and year to start up. Sophie tried to remember what the numbers of the classes were in passing, just in case she was going to go those areas later in the day. Thing was, the numbers passed just as quickly as they came to her in her mind.

She allowed her long brown hair to cover her face, all nervous again about the largeness of the school and the people inside it. Who knows if she'll actually make some proper friends or just be floating around the school on her own? 

Ben stopped at the end of the hall and looked back to Sophie, who was still going, although a bit reluctantly. The second she got to him, he pulled her hair away from her face, caressing it just a bit. 

"You'll do fine here, don't worry about a thing. I'll take you to all your classes if I have to for the rest of the year. Do you want me to walk you in, at least?" 

Trying to hide a growing blush of her own, she quickly nodded and Ben opened the door for the two of them to go in. It took a moment for the Headmaster to finally notice the two, but when he did, he seemed to be very happy to see the both of them.

"Sophie! It's nice to see that you've met one of the stars here, Ben Woodburn."

Instantly, Ben looked a bit confused, mouthing to her, "Your name's Sophie?" since they clearly overlooked introductions in the time it took to get to the room. 

She couldn't help but laugh at his puzzled face, head cocked to the side like a confused puppy. All he got was a shrug and more laughter. 

A/N: Again, hope you enjoyed it and hope you vote and comment. Will get the next one up as soon as I can. :)