three

DeMar

"Who you texting, fool?" I asked Kyle as I dribbled the ball on the concrete court. We had been shooting for ten minutes waiting for DJ and Jimmy to show up. We usually would play in the gym, but we couldn't because the lame volleyball girls were occupying it.

"No one," he turned around quickly staring at me. He locked his phone and shoved it in his pocket.

I made a straight line face, "Mhm, boy you know damn well you was texting someone."

He smiled, "It was someone but it doesn't concern you."

"What's her name?" I chest-passed him the ball. He stepped back and shot a three, making it in.

"Jordin," he sighed. "What about that girl you met today? I know her name ain't no 'Bear.'" He chuckled.

"Nah, it's Isabella."

"She Mexican?"

"Yeah," I said and shot the ball again. I missed and Kyle laughed. I shook my head at him.

"You get tired of them white girls?" He teased.

I did hookup with majority of white girls, but I mean, I don't know how to explain it why I did. I sighed, "Nah, Isabella is just beautiful. I don't know if I'll hookup with her, we'll see. She's fine as fuck though."

"Man, it's time for you to settle. You went all through highschool hooking up with girls and never actually dating someone. Shit, I want to settle with someone like Jordin," he admitted. I furrowed my eyebrows. Kyle wasn't really serious in relationships, but it was like he suddenly was. This girl literally got him going crazy.

"What's the point of settling now? It's senior year. I gotta focus on scholarships and colleges. Why go through all that trouble when we might not go to the same college or have the same dreams?" I asked and stole the ball from him. I could see DeAndre and Jimmy coming from their block.

"But why not just live in the moment and forget about all that future stuff later," he said and pulled his phone out.

"Because, it's stupid. Watch you're going to fall for her and then college is going to come, and you have to break up because you two are going to two different places," I scoffed. "Why fall for someone when you're just going to leave each other in the end?"

He wasn't listening, and pulled his phone out from his pocket and started typing. I scoffed again. DeAndre and Jimmy entered the court and we quickly dapped them up.

"Who was that girl you were with?" Jimmy asked Kyle while he held a mischievous smile. I rolled my eyes and dribbled the ball alone.

"No one," he said while DJ and Jimmy attacked him with childish love songs.

"So like, is y'all gonna be serious or y'all just gonna fūck?" Jimmy asked, his southern accent slipping out.

Kyle waved his hand, "Don't worry about it, man."

They laughed and then looked at me, "You making DeMar jealous, bro."

"Shut up," I smacked. They laughed again. I was two seconds away from throwing the ball at DJ's face but then he moved away.

"Yo, wasn't you with a girl today, too?" Jimmy asked, walking towards me. "Y'all hella fast."

"Yeah," I said. I passed him the ball and he shot it, making a jump shot.

"Yeah, she's in my fourth period. She beautiful and need a nice guy like me in her life," he teased and smirked.

"She was fine as fuck, she in my fourth period, too. Now, she gotta body," DJ slurped.