Chapter 1 - D r e a m -

Tears flowed from his eyes. The air in the open field stilled, silence clinging to it.

The young man's clothes were in tatters barely holding to his form. Any skin that was left uncovered was marred with slashes of blood dark bruises all over. He wept silently.

The pack had surrounded him like vultures. The giant that was towering above him raised his rugged but human hand, within an instant deadly sharp claws sprung forth from his fingernails, his momentum building to bring the final lethal blow.

All that could be heard throughout the field were the young man's laboured pants mixed with pained sobs.

"Someone.... please help me" he let out weakly, desperately pleading to all the people around in his final effort for salvation but all that was returned were low growls and the snapping of teeth. No one stepped forward.

His eyes met those of his 'mate' his vision became
blurred as his body racked with sobs. He reality of the situation hitting even more so now that he felt alone 'Why me?' He silently questioned. He closed his eyes feeling his tears flowing down his cheeks he hated what he saw. One of his last images would have been that of his mates eyes filled with disappointment.

Taking a deep breath, He accepted what was to come. Blinking away the tears, he returned his gaze to his 'mates' a soft smile gracing his lips.

BOOM

As the giant brought his claw down ready to end it all, A deafening sound filled the clear skies halting all movement. Dark clouds began to seep unnaturally into the clear blue, blanketing the clearing in an eerie darkness till it swirled over head.

A bright orb of light above the commotion broke through the murky grey clouds and struck earthbound like a lightning bolt towards the boy.

The angry mob had long been frozen in place by forces unknown to them. Restlessness and unease began to fill the pack.

Looking up in awe he thought that it was over, the goddess had come to take his soul as the orb neared his body stopping to hover in front of his chest. The orb lingered before hitting him full force seeping into his body.

It was finally over he thought as his world slowly got darker, a final tear fell down his face as the image of his mate drifted from his vision till he was consumed by darkness. He felt himself drifting into oblivion.

Goodbye...

He gave in to the peaceful bliss that the orb brought.