Cheater (Part 2)

The breeze carried away all the unspoken words and her worries faded away like the leaf that fell from the tree nearby, as the wind shook the earth and grass, creating a lovely tune of serenity and peace, melted with the soft chatter of the passing men and women, laughing kids at the playground and the happily chirping birds.

The pink dusted across her cold pale cheeks while her colourful scarf which was tied securely around her neck, hid her hot breath, avoiding the war that made little streaks of smoke rise up the air.

Her slightly crooked beanie hung loosely on her head, barely being able to hide her wet hair which was crafted into a messy bun earlier this morning.

Step for step she moved forward, kicking the pebbles that laid in her way and destroying the neatly tidied mountains of autumn's kids, causing her to attract glares from several old women who were out taking a walk in the freezing park located in the centre of the town.

She arrived at the local coffee shop instantly embraced by the warmth and comfort of this place. The smell of coffee and freshly baked cake invaded her nostrils, sneaking their way through the miles of woolly material that covered the lower half of her face.

Furthermore it felt like the young girl entered a whole new world; in the middle of this cold and cruel she desperately wanted to escape.

She did indeed, but not the way she imagined to. Her mind wandered to all the places she longed to see in her early twenties, before her body would get tired easily after countless hours of walking through the streets without destination, just craving to discover the beauty of earth, closer to solving the mystery she was born in.

The sun was rising above the tall and might buildings, causing long shadows to wander around the landscape. The young woman shielded her sensitive eyes with her bare hand, not having other options available, like sunglasses or a cap; she'd rather have an aching arm than a cold head and icy hair.

The bright rays covered her figure like a second skin, making her seem like a goddess; the way the sunlight basked her in an ethereal, sparkling glow was mesmerizing.

It didn't go unnoticed by the tall girl in a big, puffy winter jacket she paired with a pair of skinny jeans that spent only little warmth, instead it attracted the jealous and envious glares of nearby women and men were looking at her just as intense. People would describe her as the epitome of beauty; symmetrical face, perfect height and proportional body with incredible curves, some may say she walked straight out of a magazine; and they are not wrong.

At the corner of the street, the brunette lingered, her eyes following the delicate body of another woman, seduced by her unique beauty.

She didn't even glance at her face, yet she knew what she just witnessed was the most perfect thing that ever happened to her. Without further hesitation the model confidently strode to the entrance of the homely coffee shop, where she last spotted the scarf flowing gently behind the other woman's neck.

As she set a foot into the room, she let her eyes wander around; taking in the wooden walls and equally wooden floorboards that creaked with every step someone took.

Soft chatter and the occasional laughter filled her head, the quiet and calming melody that escaped the speakers in the back, behind the counter accentuating this comfortable atmosphere. It was magical.

But all changed when she spotted the person she originally wanted to converse with, all her confidence disappeared in a blink of an eye and all of her walls began to crumble, just at the mere look of her. Now the brown-eyed girl shivered with anticipation, but most of all; fear.