3. Nestor: Time Part 2

That was also when Owen Robinson decided to disrupt his thought process for the second time. However, this time, he was sort of glad to be disrupted.

Tick tock

"Oh my god, that was amazing!" He shouted at Blaise (who busily tried to avoid all the attention that was thrown at her), "How did you do it!?"

Blaise spoke cautiously, "I... I just... did it." Her whole body seemed to be shaking a little.

The annoyance he previously had towards Owen had returned. Directing the subject off of Blaise, he asked Owen, "Can you release your Bond?"

Owen hesitated. He looked up and down in distress, then said, "Yes. Yes I will do that. I mean... just give me some time. It's been awhile since I did it."

It didn't take him that long to relearn the most basic step of Trust Bonding. Only a few moments later, his Bond spiraled out underneath his feet. It was a bright yellow pattern, dotted with the color white.

Tick tock tick tock.

"Thinker," Nestor said.

"Yes," Owen admitted.

Nestor pondered for a moment. Thinker and Storing Provider, with correct practice (which he highly doubted Owen got), could make a great match. He was actually surprised when he found out that Owen was a Storing Provider. All the Storing Providers he had met before were quite odd in one way or another, and Owen– except for his extraordinary ability to annoy others– seemed like a perfectly normal person.

"So, what are we going to do now," Owen asked, voice a little shaky.

Darissa stretched out her arms and yawned. The sensors, which had been keen enough to pick up on Owen's slow movement, had not been able to sense her drastic action.

Nestor's gaze drifted to the piles of objects once more. If all his previous assumptions had been right, those piles were the key to their escape.

"Darissa," he said, "Can you move a square to your right?"

"What?" Darissa asked.

"Move to the right, stand close to Ernest," he repeated his command, "I need to test out something."

"I mean, I did notice the sensors had not been able to sense me," Darissa said, hesitating, "But are you sure I can just walk over and..."

"Just do what I say," he commended one last time.

Darissa waved her hand, "Okay, gosh, I'll do it." She raised her right foot and placed it upon the title underneath Ernest's feet.

A bullet came flying right at her.

Tick tock

Ernest reflectively raised his arm and blocked the bullet from hitting Darissa in the head. He threw an angry look at Nestor.

"I thought you weren't going to hurt her!" He said.

"I never said that," Nestor replied coldly with the same smile on his face, "Also, it's just a bullet." He paid no more attention to their horrified expressions.

Tick tock tick tock

"So, what did you discover, Columbus?" Owen asked.

"We had been wrong about the sensors," Nestor explained, "They don't detect our motions. They detect our weights. More specifically, they detect our weights on the titles."

Blaise inhaled quickly, "If we step on another tile..."

He said definitively, "Then the weight on the tile changes, and the bullets are activated."