Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I stalked along the hallway like a big feline predator looking for unsuspecting prey while clutching my sports kit with me. I should be heading towards the boys locker room, getting changed and ready for practice, but here I was lumbering across the hallway with my feet taking control over my body as if it had some mind of its own.

It happens a lot to me, actually. My mind goes wandering elsewhere further than it's supposed to be then my legs take command and I end up wandering aimlessly across the school. Number one reason why I'm usually tardy for almost all of my class and my teachers wouldn't accept that as an excuse.

'Sorry for being late, Mrs. Brooks, I was daydreaming about Kendall Jenner then I lost my way...'

Now as I return back to my senses, I realized that I had stopped in front of a door. Scratching my head, I stepped closer then peered inside the room through the small square glass on the door. Judging from the clutter inside, it was the Arts room.

I shrugged, thinking I had no business there, and was about to leave when I saw movement from inside. I pressed my face against the glass and saw a person.

Well, not just any person. It was Hailey Darling.

She was all alone inside the room while she stood in front of an easel, her back facing the door, and doing nothing. She was just plain standing there and staring at a painting.

Well, well, if it wasn't a coincidence.

I wasn't quite sure why I seem to be attracted to her. I don't know, maybe I find her interesting?

I've known her since first grade and we've been in the same class since but we were never friends. She was mostly quiet but she wasn't shy. She was one tough cookie. Kids were usually scared of her and never dared touched her or cross her path. Every time she walks into a room, she carries this some kind of weird aura that'll automatically draw your attention to her and shiver at her presence.

I, on the other hand always try to annoy her, trying to score points from her, when I had the chance. I just wanted to be friends with her but she just never liked me at all. I could tell.

With a grin, I slowly pushed the door open then stepped inside. And no, I am not stalking her, don't get that wrong. Every time I see her is another opportunity to get closer to her so I was just taking that chance.

I shivered when I felt the temperature suddenly dropping as soon as I stepped a foot inside the room. It was just fine outside moments ago and suddenly it was like a whole new environment inside. I didn't know the Arts room had installed air conditioning. I shrugged to myself. Maybe I was just hallucinating.

The room was filled with artworks made by other kids hanging on the wall (the artworks not the kids) looking like some low budget museum. I glanced at each of them scornfully, critiquing each, while shaking my head. They weren't really works of art. Nope. I could do better.

I stepped closer towards a painting and made a face. The blobs and smears of yellow paint was supposed to be a giraffe as it says on the title but it sure didn't look like a giraffe to me. Maybe I needed to get myself prescription glasses already or maybe the kid name Tyler O'Malley, the one who painted the unknown creature as it said on a small signature on the bottom of the painting, needed his eyes checked up or go to the public zoo for legit references.

My pulse stopped when the monstrous giraffe painting suddenly peeled off from the wall. Alright, don't blame me I was just looking. I didn't even touch it.