Like Her Mother Always Said

"Oh baby. OH GOD" Tig whimpered as he paced. "I'm gonna kill that bastard... I'm gonna..." he trailed off seeing tears streaming down his little girl's face. He broke down, pulling her up and wrapping his arms tightly around her. "I'm so sorry baby girl" he murmured in to her ear "I'm gonna protect you, we all are" he reassured as he stroked her curls.

"We should probably go tell Clay" he said, pulling back and looking down at her face. He brought his hand up, wiping away her tears with his thumb.

"Already on it, I asked Chibs to arrange for us to tell the club, figured everyone would need to know..." she trailed off as she saw Clay walk out of the clubhouse doors.

"You ready to talk sweetheart? Everyone's waiting in the chapel" he explained.

"Now or, never right?" she forced a chuckle, pulling her cigarettes out of her pocket and taking one.

"Whatever it is, we're all here for you darling; you're family" he smiled.

A loud blast echoed through the lot and everyone turned to see Chibs being thrown from a car. "Filip!" AJ screamed, running towards him and collapsing at his side, she stroked his hair. "Filip, can you hear me?" she pleaded, tears streaming down her face. "Filip please open your eyes" she begged as she felt hands on her shoulders pulling her away.

"He'll be okay baby girl" Tig cooed, holding her tightly.

"Where is Filip Telford?" AJ yelled, her hands tightly grasping the edge of the reception desk in the hospital waiting room.

"Madam please calm down or I'll have to ring security" the woman said, wincing as AJ leaned over the desk. "Do you know who my father is?" she muttered and looked as the woman shook her head. She felt strong hands on her shoulders pulling her back. "The fuck Hap?" she snapped.

"Tara's here" he said firmly, glaring at her. She nodded, walking with him to her. Happy was the one person that wouldn't take her shit and she knew it. She learned quickly, being Happy's friend, any shit you give you get back. And he was one scary motherfucker that you didn't wanna see mad.

"How is he?" AJ asked.

"Well he hit his head pretty badly but he's stable now" she reassured her.

"Thank god" she cried "Can I see him?"

"I think I can sort something" she said quietly.

"Oh Filip" she whimpered walking in to his hospital room. Her chest tightened as she saw him lay there in a hospital gown, bruises forming from the blast. She walked over to his bedside, gazing down at his face, she gently brushed strands of hairs in place. Tears flooded down her face. She took a seat at his bedside, taking his hand as she leant down kissing his lips.

"He should wake up in a day or two" she assured her.

"Thank-you" she whispered and Tara nodded before leaving.

Happy stood by the door watching her. "You're so strong" he murmured his thoughts aloud causing AJ to chuckle.

"I got a lot of reasons to hate life, to get mad at the world but what's the point? I've also got a lot to live for; like my family and like this man here, who taught me that" she said running her fingers through his salt and pepper hair.

"You're a lot older in your head" he stated causing AJ to furrow her brow "No...I mean...like you and Chibs right, the age difference, I figured that was some daddy issues shit because of Tig..." he rambled and she stood up, walking over and punching him in the arm. "Ow!" he snapped. "let me finish" he said and she nodded her head cautiously. "The more I get to know you, like now, what you just said, it takes a lot of people years to figure that out but you're already there, you get it" he chuckled.