Cayde was silent. He was shooting down the Hive without having the idea to flee. Nevio and his Ghost shared a look, this was a different Cayde. They were used to his playfulness and sarcasm from the Tower, with the other Vanguard.

"How is he?" Nevio had told Ikora what happen and she wasn't pleased that the Hive have taken (Name).

"I can't say much." Nevio's Ghost watched as Cayde gun down more of the Acolytes and the Knights. "He's... How do I put it - well behaved."

• • ✿ • •

Nevio and Cayde ventured into the Hive catacombs, Cayde's Ghost guide them going into tunnels and corners since the channel in the Hive was getting clearer. They went down to the Gatehouse, clearing the place from any Hives they aim their gun at.

The air was thick with silence. No one exchanged words or any witty banter.

Moments later after killing off more Hives, the two men had entered the Sanctum, the door was unlocked and it was inviting them into the tunnels.

"Thank goodness I unlocked it before this happens." Nevio's Ghost chirped, remembering the memory in its data banks.

Cayde's Ghost had picked up the chatters in the channel. The Hive are communicating with each other. "We're almost close..."

Nevio and Cayde step foot into the door, as they did so, they felt a wave of Traveler's Light coursing through their bodies. They both shared a look, could it be?

They travel downwards, into the Circle of Bones. As they got out from the darkly lit tunnel, they could hear the faint incantation.

"I can hear her pulse." Cayde's Ghost said in a soft audible tone, more like a whisper. "It's getting weak."

"Then, we better hurry!" Cayde broke into a sprint. Nevio chased after him, not knowing what idiotic things were going on in his mind. He had to take care of a Vanguard, a rank higher than his fellow Guardians.

Better than Lord Shaxx or Lord Saladin. Perhaps, perhaps not.

The door to the Summoning Pits was locked. The incantations was louder and they heard something else. It wasn't they usual sounds from the Wizards, Hallowed Wizards or Siphon Witches.

It was something else.

All they could conjure in their mind was; the Brood Mother. She has revealed herself to them. The hush whispers that the Wizards said, the incantations are glowing brightly behind the locked doors.

Nevio's Ghost had scanned multiple movements behind the door. "Be prepared."

Cayde reloaded his hand canon. "Already done that."

Both of them were fully equipped, Cayde glanced at the knife that was on the ground. It wasn't his. As he studied it more, he recognised the hilt. It belongs to (Name).

She had fought. Or resisting her mind to the Brood Mother.

Cayde picked the knife from the ground and kept it. As he did so, the door slowly opened. Revealing them to the sight that they will never forget.

(Name) was all chained up, she was strip from her armour and wore a white dress. Since her armour was gone, her weapons too. They were scattered around the Pit, the Knights and a few Wizards are guarding it. Also, she doesn't have the oxygen tank and her chest, wasn't moving up and down.

To their horrors, the ritual had already started. The Brood Mother was extracting (Name)'s life force out from her body. The marking was acting as a cable for the Brood Mother. To Cayde, he look at it as if the Brood Mother was sucking her life away. Like a bloodthirsty Vampire.