Hotel California - Chapter 3

I opened my eyes slowly and heard Emma breathing next to me on the bed, I looked up at the white ceiling, and wondered how it would feel to be in L.A., after pondering the next few days for a while I got kind of scared of it, the future is like a giant rock trying to crush you by throwing low punches and ripping your life apart. I shook my head and looked around to try to get rid of the feeling of drowning in my thoughts. 

In the corner of the room stood a bookshelf so I decided to find a book to distract my mind. I stood up and walked over to it and ran my finger over the covers, I started sliding my hand over the covers on the top shelf but didn't feel a calling there. 

When I was on the third shelf I felt that one book had been read the most, the cover had almost snapped in two. It was a copy of 'The Fault In Our Stars', but I have read that book two times already but, there was another book beside it, it looked like it was much older and on the cover stood 'Little House in the Big Woods', I opened it and looked at the first page and I saw that it was printed in 1971. I walked back to the bed with it in my hand and started reading.

I closed the book carefully and laid it on the mattress beside me, this was such a good book. I looked over to the left and saw that Emma was stirring beside me. I picked my phone back up and looked at the time, it was 10:30, a good time for us to start driving again in about an hour and a half. I turned to Emma and tried to decide how to wake her up, "No need for buckets of water, I am awake." she said opening her eyes.

"Well, that's good, considering that we will get the keys to our apartment in about 8 hours," I told her, she bolted up and started putting socks on, then jeans, and a t-shirt, she also put a red cap on her head. We walked down the stairs together and as we stepped down from the last step we heard the radio playing in a room a little down the hall. We decided to go inside and say our goodbyes before we leave. 

We were going to eat breakfast at some diner on the way, and as we walked in we saw Lukas making himself french toast. I coughed a little to make him notice that we were here just as he started singing along with the radio, he looked up and blushed like crazy.

"Good morning, girls," he said as he turned his bread on the pan, "how did you two sleep?" He asked as he glanced over to Emma

"We got a good night's sleep," I said, Emma nodded in agreement "but we have to get going so we can eat at some diner before we get out of town." I smiled and looked over at Emma, "Thank you for letting us stay, and you two can keep in touch," I said with a wink. Lukas came over and shook my hand, and hugged Emma. We walked outside and sat inside the truck.

I looked over at Emma as she sat down, "I promise I will stay awake this time." I said, with a smile. We drove to the next Denny's and got inside, we were seated at a table by a window, and a waiter asked us what we wanted. I ordered plain pancakes with syrup and a little butter, and orange juice, Emma asked for a lemon berry smoothy and strawberry puppies.

"I'm so full," I said, looking at the rest on my plate as I slid a little down my chair.

"This was SO good," Emma smiled, I called our waiter over and asked for a mocha latte to go and the check. He came back and I paid for my things and Emma for hers, we also gave our waiter a big tip, I took my coffee and we went out to the car.

*seven hours, a whole lot of candy and music later*

Welcome to our new home!" Emma said as we drove up to a tall brown building. We got out of the baby blue mini cooper and grabbed our bags, two bags each. we walked into the lobby and I went to the counter, "Can I help you?" the lady asked in a snobby tone, I looked up at her, I am not tall.

 "yes, we were told to come to pick up keys for our apartment," I said, keeping my head up high and signaling Emma to come over, she has stayed here before, her father and the man who owns this building were together in business school so she is known here, also she is kind of tall, so she will probably be more intimidating.

"Good afternoon," the lady said when she saw Emma, "welcome back." Emma looked at me annoyed at the flattery. 

"Thank you, my friend and I were supposed to come and pick up our keys today, after six o'clock, and if I am right, it is 6:30 now," Emma said sternly.

"yes, no problem," she looked kind of panicked, "Parker, the boy over there will take your bags and show you to your room," She told Emma ignoring me, she handed her two key cards, one for each of us and waved Parker to come over.

The boy took our bags and put them on a cart and walks with us over to the elevators. He showed us how we have to swipe our room keys, over some scanner to take the elevator upstairs. Our room was on the twelfth floor, so when the elevator stopped, we got out and walked down a hallway, the last door to the right, almost in the corner, and he told us that we have to swipe our card to open the door. 

We stepped inside and I completely fell in love with the apartment, it's not too big, but still not small, with two bedrooms, each with a king-sized bed and one bathroom, there is also a kitchen corner and a lounge with a tv and two couches. The master bedroom is a little bit bigger and it has a walk-in closet, the other bedroom is just a tad bit smaller with a big closet.

Emma asks if she can have the Master and I agree because she is the one that is letting me stay with her, so she should get the bigger room, plus she also has more clothes than me so...

A/N: thank you for reading and I promise that the storyline will get better soon.

Love Life<3