chapter one

Naomi Thomas' black heels clicked softly on the wooded staircase as she made her way down to the dining hall. The first meal on the most beautiful ship she's ever sailed on was in full swing, with music and laughter flowing through the vessel.

Naomi was going on a voyage across the Atlantic ocean, taken by the Titanic. The unsinkable. The ship of dreams.

The young girl, almost nineteen, noticed her father sitting at a table, who was sipping on some sort of beverage in a crystal clear glass. He was chatting happily with the people at his table, and noticed his daughter on the spiral staircase. He tipped his glass in her direction with a subtle wink.

Naomi tried not to smile as she made her way to the table. Just as she arrived, a man jumped up and pulled a chair out for her.

"Why, thank you." Naomi said with a soft smile as she tucked her dress underneath her and sat down in the plushy expensive chair. The boy sat back down, an overly large grin on his pale face.

He was in a grey suit, with his black hair sculpted in shape with plenty of gel. He looked to be a few years older than Naomi, and much more nervous. He continued to glance at Naomi which made her slightly uncomfortable as she poured herself a glass of ice water from the pitcher on the table.

     All of a sudden, a loud clinking noise filled the room, and the captain of the ship stood up from his table at the front of the room.

     "A toast, to the first night at sea." The man said, a large smile appearing on his aged face. Everyone in the room raised their glasses, some of them clinking together. Naomi clinked glasses with her father before taking a sip of her water.

     She watched as the captain sat down, and saw a boy sitting beside him. His eyes locked with Naomi's as he sipped his water. He was wearing an expensive looking black suit, with tidy, dark coloured hair. The boy looked to be about Naomi's age and smirked slightly as he tilted his glass at her. She smiled before tilting her glass back, and setting it down.

____________

Here's the first chapter of Unsinkable! I hope you all enjoyed it, and are as excited for this story as I am!