Chapter 2

Barry has been in Star City for 3 days now, and he's already loving the break from Central City. What he is NOT loving, is watching Oliver fall apart. Watching Oliver break, is not what Barry had planned for his vacation.

The team was currently sitting around, they just got back from stopping another thief. They all had their suits on still, because they were far too tired to take them off. Well, except Barry, but he just didn't feel like changing yet.

"you guys did great." Felicity spoke up, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Barry was staring off at the wall behind Oliver, so he didn't hear Felicity.

"I'm just glad that asshat is going to be put behind bars." Thea stated, smiling slightly at Felicity.

"how is everyone feeling?" Felicity asked them all, making sure no one was injured.

"I feel fine." Laurel said, being the one to take the least damage... out of the people without powers anyways. "thank you for asking." Laurel added.

"I feel bruised and beaten a bit, but other than that I am feeling okay." Thea spoke, looking around at everyone.

"I was hit in the head with a gun, kicked in the rib but a man bigger than me, and I twisted my ankle trying to run to Oliver. I am in pain." Diggle laughed, but immediately started coughing because of the rib.

"I've been worse." Oliver stated, it was a simple but efficient answer. Everyone looked at Barry, waiting for an answer from him. He was still staring at the wall behind Oliver.

"Barry?" Felicity questioned, glaring at Barry, but Barry didn't hear her.

"Earth to Barry.." Thea tried, snapping her fingers. No response.

"Barry!" Oliver yelled. His deep voice broke Barry out of his thoughts, making him jump. He turned to look at Oliver, their eyes locking.

"what?" Barry asked, tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"I asked you a question." Felicity spoke. Barry didn't look at Felicity, he just kept his eyes locked with Oliver's.

"what was the question?" Barry asked, now looking over to Felicity.

"how are you feeling?" Felicity repeated, sighing dramatically.

"o-oh." Barry muttered, glancing at Oliver, and then looking at everyone else. "uhh. I feel fine, I guess." Barry shook his head at himself, not sure why he froze like that. He looked at Oliver, who was still looking at him.

"what were you thinking about?" Diggle questioned, looking worriedly at Barry. "you were gone for like 10 minutes." he added.

"10 minutes? wow. um..." Barry looked at the ground, and then at the wall he was staring at previously. "I don't even remember." Barry said, turning his attention back to the group. Barry shifted uncomfortably under Oliver's gaze, and cleared his throat, looking anywhere but at Oliver.

"alright well... it is currently 3pm, and as I understand it, some of you have things to do?" Felicity questioned, looking at everyone.

"yes, that would be me." Thea said, standing up, and heading towards the door.

"and me." Laurel said, also heading to the door. "see you guys later." Laurel said, and waved at everyone, Thea waved to them as well.

Diggle waved back, and then turned to Barry. He moved into the seat next to Barry, and sighed. "you okay, man?" Diggle questioned him.

"ye-yeah." Barry responded, looking between the group that was left.

"you seem pretty out of it, Barry." Oliver spoke up, looking at Barry once again. "we're just worried, that's all." Oliver added.