Chapter 1: Eleanor Howell

{Sometime in April of 2005}
As I trudged my small little 13 year old body through the dead leaves on the pavement outside of my school, I did my best to ignore the various insults and name calling of the "popular" people at school. I look down and pull down the sleeves of my blazer to hide in its slight and to hide the scars. One of the girls, with the most stereotypical white blonde hair, bright pink crop top and lipstick comes up to me and shoves me on the ground. I yelp and fall to the ground as she picks up the small wallet with the few pounds I had saved from doing chores and favors for my neighbors."Well, well I could use a new necklace." She smirks and taps her chin with her finger as she leans the hand holding her wallet on her hip. I attempt to grab the money but she pulls it back."Please give it back. I worked hard for that." I say softly. She lets out a girlish evil chuckle. She kicks me in the stomach and runs off. I hold back all of my tears."I hate this shit!" I say aloud to myself. Before I know it I see a hand in front of my face and a pudgy young boy that could almost be the male version of me,cough if I weren't so short."Dan." I sigh a breath of relief and take his hand as he shakily pulls me up."Are you okay?" He asks. I nod and he looks me up and down."They've gotten your blazer dirty." He said. I brushed as much dirt as I could off. I turned toward the direction of our house and walked along side him."So how was your day?" I ask him. "Judging from what just happened I'd say he same as yours. Someone threw an exacto knife at me." Dan says quietly. Even though I feel sorry for him I can't but smile at how posh he sounds."Earlier they were making fun of me for sounding American." I explain. My brother Dan and I grew up watching too much Winnie the Pooh and I took a liking to Eeyore while my brother went for Pooh bear. And though I grew up 100% British I manage to have an American accent to this day. When we reached our house my younger brother Adrian toddled over to us from the front door and clutched onto my leg. I put on a kind smile and lift his little 4 year old body up." Hey Addy." I say kissing his nose. He giggles and my mother walks out, looking tired as ever but putting on warm smile which made her look older than she really was. I looked over to Dan but he'd already sped off to his room. I walked to the door and inside with Adrian in my arms and sat down on the couch with my school bag. The little toddler got off me and went off to play with his toys. I lay my head back for a bit before I hear my mother say."You didn't wash the dishes or do the laundry." I open my eyes slowly and sigh."Sorry mother I was busy with school work this morning." I apologize and get up to do them. I hastily did my chores humming "Helena" by My Chemical Romance. When I was finally finished wading through the piles of my father's sweaty shirts and Dan's dirty underwear, I grabbed my bag and went up the stairs to my room. I slammed the door and locked it. I then threw my bag across the room and slammed myself onto my bed and buried my face into my pillow to try and hold back the sobs that were quickly rising in my throat. I didn't understand why this happened, some days I was just tired of everyone's bullshit. I just couldn't  understand how other people could be so mean. I look down at the scars on my arms and legs, mot were already faded but they were some new scales and marks. All of the marks from the bullies at school. It made me fuming mad but I never wanted to hurt them back because it just seemed unethical.  I pulled out my laptop and with a clickety clack of my keyboard went searching around on the internet. I stumbled across a site that peaked my interest. "YouTube?" I clicked on this and on the sight and was surprised to find a few videos of poor quality but were hilarious. How had I not found out about this before. I chewed my lip and smiled. I always wanted to have a place to express myself. Why not here? I was always talking to myself and dancing around my room and being dramatic so why not use all of my ADHD energy to do something productive. I recorded the video first. I put on the rainbow boa and Feliz Cinco de Mayo glasses I had lying around and hit record. I started off with "Hey my clumsy crew, what's up?" After doing a twirl and flashing a peace sign and then middle finger at the camera. I made a short little video introducing myself only giving my first name and making redhead jokes. My hair had slowly turned from brown to ginger as I grew older and right now it was kind of a gross strawberry light brown. When I was finally done I edited it best I could with no experience and created a channel for myself. ClumsyConnie I'll call it. The joke was I was not graceful for the life of me. Because of the whole hair changing situation my grandfather had started calling me "Connie". Supposedly it was supposed to be short for Leprechaun. I titled the video Hello World! And pressed up,lad with slightly shaky hands. I felt good about this though. Even if no one watched my stuff I'd be happy just to make videos for myself. By the time I was done with all of this my mother called me down for dinner, I opened my door and called to her as usual that I wasn't hungry, and put on some fresh underwear and a long shirt and went to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter One 

So to anyone reading this... Hola!

I hope you enjoyed it! Please don't be afraid to make comments, or suggestions or fix my grammatical errors LMAO. Have a fantabulous day! ☺️