Derek Hale - I need a place to stay

"Derek?" You had rang the bell at least ten times now. You had knocked on the door. You had waited half an hour just in case Derek just wasn't there, but slowly you started to get desperate. "Derek? Please..." Your voice was barely a whisper and you shivered. You were wearing nothing but your jeans and a shirt and now the sun was setting you started to miss your jacket.

"(Y/N)?" Derek cocked his head while you turned around. "What are you doing here?" He raised his eyebrows and after a relieved sigh you ran towards him and curled your arms around his neck. "Is everything alright?" He reluctantly put down the groceries he was carrying and he wrapped his arms around you.

"No..." You had fought the tears all day. You had tried to forget your father's face, screaming at you, yelling that you were a disgrace to the family, that you shouldn't be hanging around with werewolves, that to him you were dead. "They threw me out of the house." You hoped Derek didn't mind that you would probably soak his shirt. "They threw me out of the family." You sniffed in between every word. "They didn't even give me the chance to get something. My diaries, my books, my teddybear..."

Derek tightened his grip around your trembling body and his lips started to kiss your hair. "I'll make sure to get them for you." He whispered, but you shook your head.

"No, you can't go there." You leaned back so your eyes could meet his. Your eyes were probably red and swollen from crying, but you pressed the palms of your hands to his stubbled cheeks. "They hate you and they will kill you." You paused for a moment, the words dying on your lips. "I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you." Your lips probably tasted like salt, but you pressed them on Derek's anyway. "I'm thrown out of the house because I picked you, I picked you and not them." You kissed him again and again and again and eventually Derek kissed you back.

"I'd never ask you to choose." He mumbled and his hands were shaking a little. "I know who you are and I know what your family does." He paused for a moment. "But I'd never ask you to pick me over them."

"They did." You took a deep breath and you bent your head so your forehead touched his. "So, I'm afraid that now I need a place to stay and I actually hoped that you'd be okay with me moving in with you." Your heart was still racing in your chest and you could barely breath. "I know that maybe you're not exactly ready for that, but..."

"Of course you can stay with me." Derek interrupted you before you could finish your sentence. "I don't know how living together will be. I know that maybe we will fight sometimes. But I also know that I love you and I also know that you love me." He paused for a moment and he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I wouldn't want you to live anywhere else. We will figure this out. We will make it work. I will make it work."

"Thank you..." You closed your eyes for a short moment and you tried to steady your breathing and heartbeat, just like you had learned. "You have no idea how much I really love you."

"You just picked me over your family. I have a vague idea." Derek smiled. "Let's get inside, before you freeze completely."