Who is this guy called BTS? 방탄소년단

I remember a dark time when I was listening to normal pop music like everyone else and had no idea Korea even existed. One day, clicked on a random YouTube video called _N.O by some weird people called BTS. I was wondering who is this guy who called himself "BTS"? (I really thought it was a single person) At first I didn't know what the heck was going on and then I watched an other video. And another. And another. And that's the story of how my social life completely died (RIP).

I thought I could make this little guide for all people who want to get to know more of them. So let's start with the basic question: who is "BTS"?

BTS is a South Korean boygroup who is one of the most well known boygroups in the kpop genre. They have lit songs and lit dances (when I say lit, I mean "oh my god when they are dancing I am dying a fangirl death). There are seven (fucking adorable) members of BTS. Their stage names are called:

Rapmonster
J-Hope
V
Jimin
Jin
Jungkook
Suga

I'll explain their real names and their position in another chapter ok I didn't forget about it I just want to make it less confusing :D

At first you may have troubles remembering their stage names but there are people out there who even know their blood types, full names, where they were born and how tall they are0_0 they like to hide in their rooms behind their laptops and turn into a complete fangirl/ boy if somebody is mentioning something that just sounds a bit like BTS. From the outside, they may look like normal people (on the inside, it could be that they are total trash just like me). One reason why I love the kpop fandom is that there are some people who can do so many complicated dances and they are really nice!

Short info about kpop itself: if you have never been in touch with kpop, you might wonder what the difference is between the pop music you may know from America and kpop. Kpop is full with talented people who can sing very beautiful. Their music videos are often really bright, full with colours and very good looking, but complicated dances. Almost every MV (music video) tells a story and there are different genres. A MV can be happy, sad, confusing and everything. So yeah that's basically it.

So what does BTS even stand for?
BTS is short for Bangtan Sonyeondan (방탄소년단) or Beyond the scene (that's because they changed their logo or something I didn't get it either ok don't hate me)

Their old logo looks like this:

And their new one looks like this:

The upper sign stands for their appreciating fans called A

The upper sign stands for their appreciating fans called A.R.M.Y and the lower sign stands for BTS itself I mean ok this isn't hard to understand. Just like I mentioned, heir fans are called A.R.M.Y wich stands for Adorable Representative M.C for Youth. Soooo if you start to like their music and dancing you might become an A.R.M.Y.

And if you want to be up to date, here is their social media:
Twitter: bts_official
bts_twt
Instagram: bts.bighitofficial

~~~
Soooo these were some of the basics, it might sound a bit confusing but don't let that stop you from getting into kpop and maybe finding a new favourite band or group! Have a nice day :)