Idiot

I'm not exactly sure how this night is supposed to go. Yes there's a basic plan, but who knows how things will really play out?

The evening air is brisk and rough against my skin, the tint of my dark glasses makes everything a hue darker as I find myself stairing at the bottom of a pond.

I wonder when he'll get here, and I wonder how he will react to the events of tonight, I hope he'll like it, even love it, but you can never be sure.

I slide my phone out my pocket and decide that I should start checking up on John. I open the pesterchum application and start pestering that adorable little bastard.

-- turntechGodhead started pestering ectoBiologist at 6:03 P.M. --

TG: yo

TG: where the fuck are you

TG: you should be here

TG: like now

EB: uh sorry dude, i'm gonna be running late!

TG: that's not cool egderp

TG: that's not even ironically cool

TG: what the fuck do you mean you're gonna be running late

TG: you're supposed to be here

TG: with me

TG: now

Before I can type another message into the log, I feel arms envelope around my waist, I feel a warm smaller body pressing itself along with the arms. And that's when I realize he's there.

I turn around quickly and take him in. Goofy smile, messed up hair, and stupid ghost busters shirt. I love it.

"Hi Dave" he says shyly with a sweet smile spread out across his face.

"Hi" I say back letting my own smile creep on to my face. I don't want him to think me completely cold.

He runs up to me and grabs me and pulls me close. He rests his head on my chest, the highest point that he reaches on me and let's out an adorable little sound of what I think is contentment. The stupid dorky smile is still hanging there on his face and I can't help but want to bend down and kiss those lips, but I know I can't. That'd be taking this evening too far.

It's nice right here and now. Watching the sun set behind the trees leaving their reflections upon the pond in front of my boyfriend and I. The world feels as if it's doing my a favor for once, and maybe everything will go okay. And I hope it will.

______________

After an hour just hanging out at the park with John clinging to me like an orangutan (seriously, that kid has a killer grip), it started to get dark out. And honestly, I didn't really want to face the cops alone in the dark, it'd look suspicious and I didn't want John and I's time disturbed. We only had so much time to spend together.

Dinner was nice, and I bet you're expecting me to talk about how John and I went to some fancy ass French restaurant were they had snails as side dishes and waiters with mustaches combed to perfection.

Well my friend, you couldn't of been more wrong.

We went to Subway.

Now, just because he's my boyfriend, doesn't mean I have to go broke over him, and he knows that.

I bite into a turkey and cheese sandwich with extra mustard as John bites into his five dollar foot long. I think back to the time when Bro was alive and would come home with those on a daily basis. He would come home late, most of the time drunk, and would be talking shit about everything. But I always knew, that no matter what, I would be able to count on Bro for food.