Chapter 1 : Diamonds in her Crown

T H I R D - P E R S O N - P O V

"The sun rays are indistinguishable to your gold charms. The black sky is analogous to you dark tresses. The ocean is incomparable to your impeccable eyes and your-." But Koshampa's voice abruptly stopped when Shivanjali, rage-fully ended the hum.

Her eyes condemned hearing such an insult writer in calligraphy. Koshampa crinkled the bamboo page in his fingers. The paper blazed into an oily texture.

"Who has sent such an discreditable letter to me? They shall be damned at once!" Shivanjali's heart sank, her condemned eyes faced Koshampa with such a fear she felt as if surrendering was such an option.

Koshampa, who was in a rather skittish mood, handed the oily bamboo paper to the princess.

"It, it is from the land of Draupada. Prince Parameshwar as sent it in your hand in marriage your majesty."

Shivanjali's heart sank, remembering a solemn face like Prince Parameshwar. He had done no harm, except for the fact that he had disrespected her image, and her womanhood.

"Order him to come to Chitrakant at once, tell him that I must speak to him. Order the apsara's to arrange the throne for I am announcing an answer publicly, the villagers, the prosecutors, everyone must be present." 

Koshampa nodded, obeying the princess, then scurried away.

The breathtaking view outside the mirror palace was magnificent. The white, feathery clouds lay perfectly adjacent against the glistening blue sky and the hopeful sun. Shivanjali could live a thousand years just to wake up to such an awe-full sight.

Soon, this kingdom would belong to her. The mirror palace would be called hers. The warm hearted and affectionate villagers would bow their heads, the rich would fall at her feet, and the diamond crown would be hers.

The precious pearls against her ears were the power of the new queen. She possessed of these envious earrings. Aditi, the queen of the Deva's, had given her such a blessing, and put her to a test, to become the glorious queen.

Watching closely at the villagers below, scrimmaging through items they planned to sell, Shivanjali stared. Something oddly shook her thoughts. Men in grey armor slashed and whipped at them, angry, horrendous looks on their faces as they brutally took out anything standing in their way. This army definitely did not belong to the Mahamela Dynasty.

A perturbed reaction manifested off of Shivanjali's horrified face, watching the villagers fall to the ground with helpless, vulnerable faces.