Chapter 2, Party of Tricks

If you were just invited to a party by a person that only used you, and the only L word they could say about you is how they "Loathe" you, im sure any person with more than two brain cells would say no. However, you most likely arent a person with more than two brain cells that also has been chained like a dog to go to the party.

The next morning, i took no hesitation or breaks to get ready. The buzzing alarm blared like a tornado siren, and i lazily opened my phone to turn it off. I checked my notifications, and to my luck, Samantha said i had to walk to school today. Apparently, they have to pick someone else up who lived away from me, and there wouldnt be any space left anyways. It would take 30 minutes, and schools starts in 45. Might as well say that they got hit by a bus, id at least walk to school in a better mood. Throwing myself up and accepting that ill have to shower afterschool, i got dressed and figured that my hair would take too long to tame. I walked out to the bright sun, still arriving over the horizon. i had to admit that it was such a beautiful sight, not ne that i'd see on the daily, considering that i was always rushing. It was cold, and i didnt even have a jacket, i forgot it at school (again..)

I shivered and trembled at the cold embrace of the winds that went so fast they were almost hostile. Not a single person bothered to stop and offer a ride, not like id want to join a stranger and end up on the missing list behind the trashcans at the supermarket. Finally arriving at the only place where you could walk in and immediately want to leave, i saw the blonde haired bimbo with her big group of friends walk my way, from what i could hear, Sam was letting them know id be at the party. What a surprise, was this going to be like Monsters University where they dump glitter and paint on me with stuffed animals? On the bright side, i would look good in neon green. They glanced at me as they passed by, giggling like they were from some sort of japanese highschool, while they were on their way to the gym, I on the otherhand, was planning out how to make this day short as possible. Is there a way to make a day feel like its 2 seconds long? Maybe not, bull ill try and be the first to pull it off, all you need is no motivation at all to finish the day, and wallah.

Throughout the day, the only thing out of place was the fact that it was a nonstop converstation all around each class about the party. Each person was at least talking about how they were gonna steal their parents alcohol or that they bought hundreds of bags of chips. Even a few mumbled about 'this guy and that gut said that they knew a guy who was bringing weed.' I highly doubt it, but i wouldnt be shocked if there was drugs. In my history class, while learning about even more dead guys that did things, one of Samanthas friends leaned over towards my seat, she seemed worried, i was unsure what about.

"D-do you think a-aliens are real?" Her trembling voice babbled to me. I raised an eyebrow and turned my head to face her. "Do i think what?" I said, puzzled. "Aliens, like, dudes in space..." "I think you're reffering to astronauts." She shook her head and spoke louder, with a tone like she was still attempting to whisper. "No! Like space dudes with weird antennaes and spaceships! Aliens!" To this i rolled my eyes and turned back to my textbook, she proceeded to yell-whisper right next to my face "Hey! Sandpaper face! I asked you a question!" The teacher whiped his 50 year old head back and told her to hush it, mostly to continue his rant about how he thinks the economy is in shambles. I still continued to read while i could still see her glare from the corner of my eye. "Aliens arent real." I groaned and turned more away from her. I dont know what she was smoking, but she better keep it away from me, or else ill start believing in unicorns or something. How ridiculous.

Afterschool, i knew i wasn't going to get a ride home, they most likely would tell me that they were dropping off other people with more worth than me, or whatever they could manage up to make feel like trash. But would it? Probably. I journeyed back home, thinking about what i would wear. Considering most of my options were either formal or green, and it was going to be a bit cold, i changed from my grey polo to a green sweater, the one my mother had bought that was a bit big on me, but extremely comfy. Might as well try and be comfy in a situation id rather not be in. It was only 4:15 by the time i was ready, yet the party wasnt till at 7. But hey, that means that i have time to lie and contemplate the universe, because struggling withan average budget of 10$ to spare, my leisure activities are anything but exciting. And theres a chance that if it gets way too dark, i can leave and no one will notice. My luck must be reaching its peak then. Today is probably my day to not worry at all.

Its 6:45, i took a nap, a 2 hour and 15 minute nap. The other 15 minutes were spent trying to wake up, so you could guess i was still very tired. Pulling myself, up and fixing my hair, i decided to hit the road immediately before i would get yelled at by sam. Big surprise, as soon as i stepped out, a limousine pulled up right infront of my apartment. How many times can you say "Extra" about such a sight? Sam stepped out, and from what i could see, several other people were in the limo. "Hey sandpaper! Hurry up! You look like you just got fucked for twelve hours, jee-sus." She called out, very loudly, for half the city to hear. Someone else just had to comment, "You're saying that like he ever would get lucky." Causing the limo passengers to cackle like a buss full of middleschoolers. i groaned and walked inside the coffin of stares and mumbles i could tell were directed towards me. Sarah had made me sit next to a group of cute guys who were smoking electric cigarettes, most likely to explode in the next minute. That would only be the first mishap on this wild adventure of ditzy teens. 

After hours of driving, we had arrived. The setting of the party was all i thought it up to be, a bunch of tents, a table set up for beer pong, a campfire, and a charging.....station...for phones. I suppose, if they need to call their parents incase some sort of texas chainsaw event happens, they'd want their phone fully charged. There was one thing i could admit, the view was spectacular. I looked up to a sky full of stars, constellations were spread across the vast open canvas of the night. I almost wanted to cry, i barely get the chance to see views like this, and how i wish i brought my camera. I ran out to the field and stared up at it, it was almost as my eyes were sparkling, an im sure that they were, considering that i felt like a kid in a 99 cent candy store.  Yet before i could even reel it in and enjoy the presence of the natural lights, an annoying screech of my name was heard. "CORBIN! CMOOON! We go into the field later, dumba**! We're making smores right now!" I groaned, realizing that she had a schedule planned out. 

Arriving at the campfire, and sitting down to watch the flames flicker and twist, Sam dropped down next to me with a red solo cup filled with who knows what. Her breath for sure smelled of alcohol, which was obvious due to her breathing inches from my face. Almost everybody was making smores, but i didn't want any. I was hungry, but smores just weren't what i was craving for. And besides, i don't like marshmallows. Some people were telling stories about nonsensical activities that were most likely illegal. The entire time i was bored out of my mind, nothing seemed to catch my attention, because in all honesty, these weren't my friends. They weren't nice, or close, or friendly to me at all. I didnt know them, so i frankly didnt care. It was strange, how come even though i was in a place full of people, i felt so alone...? I really didn't have...any friends at all here? I let out a sigh and rested my head in my hands. It wasnt till later i noticed that the fire got very dim, and everyones voices got quiet. 

Samantha spoke in a hushed whisper, "Are you guys ready? I swear to god, Kristen, if youre lying about seeing 'ships', im throwing you into the forest." And in a response, supposedly the girl Kristen chuckled, "Yes, Sam. Im for real, i saw it, and i know that they exist, thats why my grandpa went missing! It was on this day, and it was really late, in this field. Im telling you, we gotta like, sacrafice or something to get him back." A male voice replied, "Sacrafice? are you high as sh*t? You're acting like this is some sort of movie scenario, like we throw someone out in the field and like magic, your old wrinkly grandpa just beams down from 'spaceships.' Sam, her old man is dead, and shes delusional. are you for real gonna do this?" I could sense Sam's seething anger next to me. She cried out, "Well it might as well be you then, a**hole!" I remained quiet, but was questioning everything internally. That was until i felt an someone grab me by the arm and drag me down to the field. "He's doing it, aliens like ugly things, right? Cause they think they're like pretty or something." I let out another sigh, and didn't realize that i said this when i did 'till the reaction, "Aliens take cows too, Sam, do you volunteer?" An uproar of laughing and several "OOOOH!"'s rang through. I felt accomplished, for a second. But then, SMACK. I fell to the ground, a burning feeling on my left cheek. She hit me with the force of a full grown man almost. Tears almost welled up, and i felt like running away, but i felt no regret or remorse. I stumbled to my feet and was about to try and calmly stroll away, but something stopped me. A sound of a helicopter, and a set of bright lights blared above me. I turned my head up.......to see it......

((CHAPTAAAAAAA 22222222 DOOOOONEZO. i kept procrastinating, but here you heckin go. heres ur crappy chapta. Enjoy my children.  -M.A))