Blah

Hanging there. In chains. Coat blowing all around. The Empress watching on her throne. Darkleer holding his bow, fifty meters away. My friends standing beside him. A green blood, jade blood, and yellow blood. Standing next to a blue blood. A maniac purple blood on a smaller throne neat the fuchsia blood. Thousands upon thousands of high bloods on my left. Lowbloods on my right. All waiting for my death. My candy red blood running down my body from the cuts caused by the high bloods keeping me captive. The Disciple with tears in her eyes, along with The Psiioniic and The Dolorosa. I think back to when I first met them. We all had high hopes for the future. We met at that old knarled tree on the outskirts of town. I remember that old song we used to sing. Every troll young and old all knew of the legend. The Hanging Tree.

I let out a small laugh. I would kill to go back to those times. Everything was so much simpler. That song. I loved that song. We would all sing it when we arrived all together, all joining in on certain parts.

*Psiioniic pov*

I watched him. My Moirail hanging from the chains while The Dolorosa stood to my right, the Disciple to my left. Then like a whisper on a breeze I heard it. Just a fragment of a song.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? They strung up a man, they say who murdered three." It was him. The Signless. The Sufferer was singing at the time of his death. "Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be." I saw the Disciple let the tears fall, the Dolorosa standing tall. "If we met at midnight in the hanging tree."

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where a dead man called out, for his love to flee." The Disciple started singing along, her voice filled with awful sadness and longing. "Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be, if we met at midnight, in the hanging tree."

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree." The Dolorosa's voice rang out along with our comrades. By now everything else stopped. The world was quiet except for the singing. I could hear the ever present whine that accompanied my Psionics. Everyone was looking at us. I decided to sing

"Are you, are you, comin b to the tree? Wear a necklace of hope, side by side with me. Strange things have happened here, no stranger would they be, if we met at midnight in the hanging tree." I let the tears flow freely down my face. This was happening. The Signless, my Moirail, is going to die here in front of me. In front of his mother and Matesprit.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be, if we met at midnight in the hanging tree." We sang all together, until I heard the drawback of a bow, and the woos of an arrow slicing through the air. Time seemed to slow down. I watched The Signless lift his head a final time, anger in his eyes, as he screamed. Not of pain or joy or love. In anger. Then it hit him. The blue arrow. No one was expecting it yet. I fell to my knees and watched as the only one who saved my life, die.

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree?" I heard the Disciple sing, I stood up and grabbed their hands. This would not break me. Not yet anyway. "They strung up a man, they say who murdered three." Three souls left. Three lowbloods left of the rebellion. Three friends remaining. "Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be." Strange things did happen. A peaceful man was killed. "I'd we met, atmidnight, in the hanging tree." By now, everyone was singing all the lowbloods, highbloods except for the three higher bloods up above and beside us.

The two amazing females by my side stopped singing, but the others did not. They carried on the song, the final verse. "Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where a dead man called out for his love to flee. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree." The voices died out. I ran. I ran to his bpdy. I held his face in my hands. I kissed him once on the cheek, the kiss of a Moirail. The Disciple would kiss him on his mouth, the Dolorosa his forehead. But me, I have his cheek, where there was blood. They cut him on his cheeks. I broke.