Chapter 19

Mavis
I try not to speed down the road as I am on the way to the hospital. Today is the day Jayden gets to come to home. The house has been so lonely without him so I'm really excited for it to feel normal again.
I can't help but grin as I park the car. I rest my hand on my stomach, acknowledging the presence of life, and take a deep breath.
"Daddy's coming home." I whisper to my barely noticeable curve.
I then get out of the car and make my way inside. I walk through the front entrance, smiling at the nurses I have become familiar with before walking up to Jayden's room.

When I get to the doorway, he is adjusting his clothes in the mirror. He notices my figure in the mirror and smiles, but he doesn't turn around.
"Hey sexy. Look at you checking yourself out." I say, this time he smiles and does turn around.
"I'm so ready to go home." He says. "I miss getting to sleep next to you in our bed and I miss GOOD vegetarian food. Do you know how many times I had the world most boring salad? Too many."
I can't help but let out a small chuckle.

"I've missed you." I say, wrapping my arms around him.
"I've missed you too." He replies.
We stand there, embracing each other in silence before he speaks again.
"Come on. Let's go home."
We then grab his things and make our way to the desk to sign the paperwork so that Jayden can leave.

As we're filling out the paperwork, Celeste emerges from down the hall. She's clearly been at the cafeteria grabbing a coffee. She comes over to us and hugs me.

"I wanna be at home with Josh." She whispers, wiping her tired eyes.

"I know hun." I say, feeling sorry for her. 

A moment later a doctor emerges from the corridor in which the entrance to Josh's room is. He has a smile on his face so we know it isn't likely to be bad news. He comes over and taps Celeste on the shoulder.

"He's awake and is asking for you." The doctor says. Celeste's eyes nearly pop out of her head and she practically throws her coffee cup into my hands, thankfully without spillage, and runs. Jayden and I follow behind slowly.

"I'm so happy you're awake. I was so scared. I love you so much." Celeste repeats again and again, caressing Josh's face, tears falling from her eyes slowly. 

"I love you too." Josh whispers. "So much." 

I place Celeste's coffee on the small table and she shoots me a quick smile in thanks before returning all her attention to Josh. 

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you," She continues to cry. "and I'm sorry that I couldn't take your pain away." 

I feel Jayden squeeze my hand tight and I can tell something's wrong. I turn and look up at him.

"I want to go home." He whispers, clearly holding back tears or something. So we say our goodbyes and head to the car.

Jayden

I feel warm tears threaten to leave my eyes and my lungs begin to feel heavy. I shut my eyes and take a deep breath. 

"What's wrong baby?" Mavis asks. 

I take another deep breath before I speak. "It's my fault."

Mavis looks at me confused. "What's your fault."

"It was my fault we had the accident which means it's my fault Josh nearly died and Celeste had to go through all that emotional torment."

"Aw." Mavis coos. "No no no, It was an accident, it is not your fault, it was the driver that went on to the wrong side of the road. Please do not blame yourself." 

I have no words, only tears. 

Mavis takes me into her arms, telling me again and again that it's not my fault until I can stop crying.

"What did I do to deserve you?" 

Mavis smiles at me softly. "How about we just go home?" 

"Yes please."

The car ride is silent until we pull up at our house. 

"I love you." I say, sighing in relief.

"I love you too." 

_____

Jayden's is short

I'M SORRY

THIS ALSO IS REALLY BAD AND IT TOOK FOREVER

IM SO SO SORRY

LOVE YOU LOTS