Chapter 33

HARRY'S POV:

I know it's a stupid idea, but i need to call her. I know she's probably mad at me, but her hanging out with Niall is way too much for me.

Maybe you should have thought about that before you messed around with Steph. My annoying subconscious reminded me.

She called me last night and i picked up, only to hang up a few seconds after i heard her voice.

"Hello, Harry?" She had said. I knew right away it was her. It was Katie.

I hadn't had the slightest idea of why she would call me or how she even got my number, but that didn't matter. She called me.

It's only six right now, i don't think i'd be bothering her with anything. I might as well just call her. Explain everything that happened. Tell her the truth. That i love her...

My fingers trail on the small letters that read 'Katie' wondering if it was a good idea. What would i even say?

After several minutes of over thinking things i finally press the call button and in seconds im greeted by her soft voice.

KATIE'S POV:

I rush from the small kitchen to my room, when i hear my phone ringing. I don't like missing phone calls, it could always be something important and I just find it rude.

I look at the screen and it reads 'unknown number'. I lay on my bed before answering it.

"Hello?" Who could it be.

"Kate... Katie?" His raspy voice speaks sending chills through my body. It's him. It's Harry.

"Oh. Hey?" I say. Reassuring myself that i need to talk to him. I need to get things straight.

"Sorry i didn't answer yesterday. I don't know what happened to me." He says his voice beginning to crack.

"It's ok. Um i just wanted to talk to you. Can we talk today? Not through the phone of course, but you know?" I offer.

"Yeah of course. How about we meet at the Starbucks that Amal works at?" He says and i find it be a great idea.

"Yeah sure. In around 30 minutes?" I ask.

"Sure. See you there." And with that the call ends.

I'm really happy that i'll be seeing him, but i'm also scared. I haven't talked to him, and he was a complete asshole when we met. Now, four months after and he's changed. He's still an ass but not like before. If anything he seems.... Nicer? I like that though, it's wonderful.

I pull on a pair of dark shorts and a neon green tank top. Nothing fancy, it's not a big deal, or is it? No of course not, i'm just going to talk to him, it's not like we're going on a date.

It takes me around 10 minutes to reach the Starbucks that i've come very fond of. When i enter the drive way and park my car, i notice Harry's

Shiny black Corolla.

When I get out of my car i try to act with as much confidence as i can. I make my way to the entrance of the starbucks and i spot Harry's curly hair almost immediately. The uncontrollable chills run through my warm body, making small bumps form on my skin. The feelings that have been growing inside suddenly go from warm and happy to cold and depressing, when i see Stephanie sitting in the seat next to him. Everything around me seems to stop and i stay standing, taking in the sight in front of me. This was a stupid idea, how could i possibly think that he actually cared about me? Im so stupid. Without hesitating i left. I had to leave.

STEPHANIE'S POV:

I was having such a bad day, basically i've been like this for the whole week. I haven't spoken to Niall in what seems to be ages and the huge hole in my heart keeps growing. This isn't a state i should be in. I've never felt like this before, maybe because i had never experienced a heartbreak. Well before Xavier, then Niall came along and now i feel the same if not worse than i did when Xavier left me. I need to get some fresh air before the tears start to come once again.

I stand outside the Starbucks that has turned into the one place i can go to when i need to get my mind clear. I just need an icy drink. I walk inside making my way to the counter when i spy the curls of his brown hair. I don't know whether to go talk to him or not but after all he has been here for me. Whether he raped me, whether he's the reason that Niall and i aren't together, he has been here to help me.

I walk to the seat he's at and wave a hello, giving my best smile. He smiles back and before i know it im sitting down next to him and laughing my ass off.

"So what are you doing here anyways?" I ask him after we're done laughing.

"I'm waiting for Katie. It's been over an hour." He says and i notice his eyes darken.

"Oh. I don't mean to be rude, but it's getting pretty late and i should be going. It was nice hanging out with you Harold." I laugh, getting up from my seat.

"Don't call me that." He says between his teeth and it takes me a minute to realize that he was joking.

"Whatever. Bye." I say before exiting the building.