Fayerin C. Facilier

●Faye●

My heart races in sync with the beat of my feet. My footsteps echo in the alleyway, making the lightest pitter patter sound. By the time I got back to dad's place I was out of breath from running.

"Ah! There you are Fayerin! Get here and give me what you've gotten today." My dad, Dr. Facilier taps his cane inpatiently.

"Yes sir." I whisper, pulling a sack from my hoodie. I lay the contents on the table, making sure my best finds were noticeable.

"Speak up when you talk child. Eh? What's this?" Dad gestured to what all I'd layed out.

"What do you mean, dad?" I asked, flinching when he clenched my shoulder with a bone-y hand.

"Don't call me 'dad'." Dad snarled. "And I'm talking about this rubbish that you think could pass! Freddie could bring me better things! I need things to sell, I am starving because of you! You little wench!"

Quickly, I took what I could and ran. I ran and ran and ran, until I bumped into someone. Uma grabbed my arm with a grin.

"Where to, Faye?" She asked.

"The voodoo hut. I can't deal with my father right now. Come with me, please." I ask.

"Alright," Uma dropped the grin and nodded, "Let's go."

With that said, we ran. Uma knocked people out of our way while I knicked a few things as we ran. Uma and I go way back. In the Isle, loyalties are hard won. Uma has debts to me, so I've got her loyalty until she pays them off.

Of course, we are friends. She understands my fears and my need to make deals. With her I can almost be myself. Almost.

Finally we reached the voodoo hut, and I pulled a rope attached to a bell. The ball that made the bell ring was gone, so when I pulled the rope it lifted the latch on the other side of the door.

I pulled open the door and ushered Uma in only to find Harry and Gill sat on my couch. I growled at them, bearing my teeth.

"Down Tigress, down. I've only come to chat." Harry stood with a grin. He slapped Gill's shoulder, and Gill stood too.

"Well I don't want to talk! Unless... Let's make a deal, then we can talk." I gave them my signature smirk.

"I don't trust you, Faye. You've got too many trick cards up your sleeve. So what is the deal?" Harry asked.

"You and Uma help Gwen and I get to Auradon, and I'll let you tag along." I proposed, crossing my arms.

"What about me?" Gill asked.

"I don't want you here or there. Leave." I said bluntly. Gill grumbled but left.

"All of this just to chat?" Harry took off his pirate hat and ran his hand through his hair.

"Yes. After you two help me, one of Uma's debts will be paid and you'll get to talk to me." I persuaded.

"Harry, take the deal." Uma demanded.

"Deal." Harry sighed, sticking his hand out. I shook his hand with a grin.

"Pleasure doing business with you." I take my hand away and gesture for them to follow me. "First we need to find Gwen, then we can get down to business and decide how we're going to do this. No one gets left behind. Got it?"

"I hear you loud and clear, Faye. I've got your back." Uma assured me.

"And I've got your loyalty. Harry?"

"You've always had my loyalty, little Fairy." Harry said, calling me by my childhood nickname. I hate that nickname, so I gave him a few choice words to show him what I thought of him. He only chuckled, and we left the voodoo hut to find Gwen.

"Are we leaving?" Gill asked, uncrossing his arms.

"Uma, Harry, Gwen, and I are. You are not. Uma, order fish face to stay. Also, you really need to teach your minions not to talk back. He's really getting on my nerves." I demanded her. She nodded, and pushed Gill back a bit. Uma knows what happens to people who get on my nerves, and it's not pretty.

"You will stay here, Gill, and you will not talk to Faye. Not one word, alright?" Uma commanded, and Gill whimpered as her nails dug into his neck. Gill nodded, then turned, tucked tail, and ran.

Turns out we didn't have to go far to find Gwen because she was in Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye. Dizzy stood with a grin that went ear to ear, happily chatting with Carlos De Vile. She was messing with his now longer hair, complimenting him on how it suited him. My heart stopped, then melted. Wow, did he look good. Carlos and I had more history and chemistry than Harry and I ever did. Gwen was always sour towards Harry, but they would go well together. Harry and Uma noticed my hesitation to go in, and my lingering look towards Carlos.

"Thanks for coming to get me, by the way. It's great to see you again! I know Faye misses you, she doesn't say it though. You know her, she's too shy to say a word despite her personality. Hey, wanna go see her before we go?" Dizzy asked with that sweet smile of hers.

"Not really, Dizzy. I... I miss her too, but you know I can't see her. And it's not a problem to come and get you. I-"

"Carlos~" Harry said in a sing-song voice, waving when Carlos and Dizzy turned to us.

"Harry!" I said, slapping Harry's arm. I could feel Carlos's burning stare, but I couldn't look at him. Finally I decided to look at Dizzy. "Hey."

"I'll be back in a minute, Carlos. Hi Faye." Dizzy waved at me, then left.

"Hey Faye. You look great." Carlos complimented me.

"Thanks. You too. Really. I just... Came to get my hair done, and I'm looking for Gwen. If you could wait for Dizzy to do my hair, that'd be great." I said with a nervous chuckle.

"Actually, we leave tomorrow morning. Look, King Ben is bringing more VK's to Auradon. Maybe in the next few months you and Gwen will be chosen. When you do, we should hang out some time." Carlos offered. A few months? I can't wait that long! I had to get there now! If I have to spend a second more on the Isle, I'll go insane!

"Yeah, maybe King Ben will choose many of us soon. I'm sure you don't wanna stay around for Dizzy to do my hair." Carlos needed to leave, I had some things to talk about with Uma and Harry.

"Yeah, maybe I'll see you later. Bye Dizzy! I'll see you tomorrow!" Carlos called out as he left. If Carlos was leaving with Dizzy tomorrow, there was a chance we could go along. Now just to figure out how. Well, after I get my hair done.

"So, what do you want done to your hair, Faye?" Dizzy asked, holding a strand of my long, dark brown hair.

"I want it dyed dark green." I said.

"Dark green? I thought your dad wouldn't let you dye your hair." Dizzy asked, clearly confused.

"He won't know." I said with a smirk.

"Okay, let's get to work!"

Word count: 1213