Chapter 10: pretty when I cry

All the pretty stars shine for you, my love.
Am I that girl that you dream of?
All those little times you said that I'm your girl.
You make me feel like your whole world.
- Lana Del Rey • pretty when you cry

I sat in the living watching Jim play with my brother as I smiled at them it made me happy seeing them playing together even though I've seen them do it so many times it still made me happy inside, luckily he was off work and my mother was at work so I could enjoy this moment as it laid in front of my eyes "you're so amazing with him Jim" I sat scooting down to sit next to them as he looked at me and my brother grabbed at me making me pick him up "you're getting so big buddy you know that" I said as he giggled and rushed back to Jim as Jim smiled at me he still made my heart sink "I was thinking we could go out get something to eat maybe ice cream" Jim suggested not looking away from my brother and I smiled "I'd like that, mother won't be home for another 2 hours" I said standing up to go upstairs and get changed into something more
appropriate for an outing instead of sweatpants and a sweater besides it was too hot out anyways

I sat in the living watching Jim play with my brother as I smiled at them it made me happy seeing them playing together even though I've seen them do it so many times it still made me happy inside, luckily he was off work and my mother was at work...

I smiled happy with it and trotted back downstairs seeing Jim putting his suit jacket on and I laughed "it's too hot to be putting that on just wear the shirt" I suggested as he sighed "if i get hot I'll take it off, get your brother" he said and I did as told grabbing my brother in my arms as he giggled "ice cream!" He shouted cheerfully and we walked out the door I put Isaac in his car seat before getting in and Jim took off to the nearest ice cream shop.

I sat on the red table with Isaac happily eating my strawberry ice cream smiling at Isaac as he got chocolate all on his face looking over at Jim who was paying for the ice creams as he walked over to us "do you like it?" He asked us and I nodded smiling as the coldness cooled me down from the boiling sun that shined in the sky, I laughed watching Isaac put ice cream on Jim's beard before I grabbed his tiny arms to stop him from doing it again and I grabbed napkins from the table and started wiping off Jim's beard as he laughed shaking his head slightly "he's a little stinker" he laughed making me giggle as I heard whispering from the table across from us "she is way too young to be with a man of his age" "and with a kid too! She looks to be only 16" women whispered to each other as if I couldn't hear them and I rolled my eyes "what's wrong Emily?" Jim asked as he seen me stand up but I ignored him as I stormed over to the table and slammed my hand down "I'm 20 years old you fucking old hag and he's my stepdad so mind your own business and eat your damn ice cream" I huffed before walking away leaving them in shock as Jim looked at me surprised "what was that about?" He asked still shocked by my sudden action "they were fucking whispering about us" I said going back to eating my ice cream as Jim laughed and grabbed my hand and my brother "come on let's get back home" he said as we walked away I flipped the two women off with a smug smile and we got in his car and he drove away.

The sound of arguing yet again could be heard from around the world I was surprised the neighbors haven't bickered yet, they've been fighting like this for a few months now for no reason at all sometimes I hear my mother bring up past situations but I hear Jim usually fight back against it most likely to keep himself covered "Jim I swear to god if you don't get the hell out of my house I'm divorcing your sorry ass!" I heard my mother shout making me perk up and I walked out into the hall way to listen more clearly "you're gonna divorce me over something that happened 2 years ago that was just a simple fucking bonding thing? I was trying to get to know your daughter Georgia!" Jim spat back and I smiled softly but it quickly went away when I heard something break "oh sure Jim fucking my daughter isn't a damn bonding experience okay!" She screamed back and I shook my head hearing another thing smash "I never fucked her Georgia I loved you!" That's a lie darling and you know it as I heard my mother laugh "I see the way you looked at her Jim don't fucking stand there and lie to me!" She shouted again and I walked down stairs wanting to break it up "I'm fucking divorcing Jim I can't anymore with your cheating ass get out of my house right now!" She shouted in his face before slapping him hard in the face and I seen Jim grab her wrists as she went to slap him again and I rushed in not knowing what he'd do "Jim stop!" I shouted as he looked at me which gave my mother an advantage as she pushed him back making him fall over as she looked at me before storming over to me as she slapped me too "I want you out of this house too you slut!" She shouted me before storming up stairs and I held my cheek looking at Jim as tears built up in my eyes seeing him stand up and walk to the door "Jim wait" I cried reaching for him "I'll get you a motel Emily hopefully your mother will have calmed down so you can back home but I'm not being around that women one my second I'm done" he said yanking his arm away from me and I walked out with him "Jim give her time please I don't want you to not be there with me" I said grabbing him again but he pulled away "stop it Emily stop acting like a brat, get in, and I'll drive you to your motel but we're not seeing each other every again after tonight" those words made my heart break into tiny pieces as he slammed his car door and I got in as well barely able to even open my eyes or see for that matter as I cried harder and harder "Jim please stop" I cried covering my face "Emily stop it right now" he said his hand touching my cheek but his other never left the stirring wheel as he wiped my tears but more just poured down; we reached the motel as Jim got me a room and himself and we walked to them I had stopped crying at this point now only feeling empty and awful "Jim please don't leave me" I begged him as we stood in front of my room door and he sighed unlocking the door "get inside Emily I'm sorry" he said handing me the room key as he went to leave I grabbed his arm making him look at me and I kissed him hoping this would get him to actually care as he leaned into me he soon pulled away "Emily stop this" he mumbled his forehead pressed against mine "then stay" I said wrapping my arms around his neck hearing him sigh as I pressed my head against his chest and he walked us inside my room.

*aye this chapter had some drama! Literally I felt so inspired to write this I don't know why but next chapter may or may not be rated r 🍒*