Part 44: Silence

(Mikasa P.O.V.)

When I got into the restroom, two girls were standing by the sink staring at me. I kept my head down as I headed into a stall.

I sat on the toilet with my pants still on, staring at the ground. I heard their whispers, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I eventually flushed the empty toilet and got up. I unlocked the door and went to the sink. They parted as I came in between them.

It was pretty awkward, but it ended soon. I walked over to the door, and they watched me as I did. There was a wall between the door and the sinks, so when I opened the door and didn't leave, they didn't see.

I sat behind the wall.

They giggled, then one of them said, "That was awkward."

"Yea," the other one said, "She sent nudes to Connie?"

"Connie Springer?!"

"Yea."

"But she's dating Eren?"

"I know, shes kind of a slut," whatever girl said that, she laughed.

"Whatever, Eren deserves to be cheated on."

"Yeah, he's a dick to girls, all he cares about is his friends and himself."

"And he tried to rob a fucking gas station."

Connie? How did that even... how did they even... why would they think that?

I stood up in a rush and ran out of the bathroom, holding in a scream as I paced down the hall. There was a kid sitting down in the hall by his teachers door. He stared at me in the most perverted way. I avoided eye contact and kept walking.

When I got back in class, Brooke had, already, copied all of her notes onto my page. I stared at her, "Why'd you do that?" I whispered because the teacher was talking.

"We have a quiz about it tomorrow. You're lucky I was actually paying attention today and taking notes," she whispered back, tapping my journal with her pencil.

"Th-thanks."

"Mhmm," she turned back around.

As I got out of class, Brooke followed me.

"So, um, like," she stumbled on her words. I stared at her, "Never mind, kay, bye."

She quickly walked away, pounding her hand in her face and mumbling something to her self.

"Ohhhh Kay," I whispered.

As I walked down the hall, all I heard were whispers.

Mikasa
Mikasa
Mikasa
Mikasa

Mikasa
Mikasa
Mikasa

They didn't seem to not follow me.

I ignored them as much as I could and continued my pace down the halls. I, again, sat down in a room full of stares. Third period. I sighed.

I zoned out again. It wasn't something I could help. I tried to focus, but I couldn't. I would just sit and stare at my fingers.

Fourth period came. Another class with Eren. I ignored him as he ignored me. I also ignored the lesson. All I heard was... a test this week? I don't know.