8

A/N Whenever there are a lot of words, or many people talking, I may just put their initials before they speak.

KH "Sakura?"
SH "Point C clear."
KH "Sasuke?"
SU "Point B clear."
KH "Naruto?"
NU "Point A clear."
We all move in on the cat. Sakura got there first and picked it up. The cat yowled and scratched her. She dropped it in surprise and it ran off. I took out the cat treats I bought when I learned we were doing this mission. Sitting cross legged, I whistled and shook the bag. The cat ran over to me and sat down, pretending to be a perfect angel. I dumped a few of the treats in my hand, and picked the cat up while he was eating them. "Good thinking." Kakashi said. "Thanks Kakashi Sensei." When I finished speaking I noticed Sasuke glaring at me. I don't think he liked that I stole his spotlight. On the way to get our reward, I thought about what happened last night.

*Flashback*

I used my jutsu to track down Kakashi. He still hasn't found out how I can do that, so I'm continuing to hold it over his head. When I arrived at his house, I knocked on the window.
He opened it. "From your expression I guess there's something you want to say."
I clambered inside. "Not really something I want to say, but something that needs to be said if I want to pursue a relationship with you." Kakashi started to look serious. He took my hand and led me over to the couch, and we sat down. "Go ahead." Kakashi told me. I took a breath. I was rather nervous, and I hoped it didn't show. "You know that I'm the nine-tails host right?" Kakashi nodded and I continued. "Twelve years ago the nine-tails, Kurama, was sealed inside of me. But what a lot of people don't know is that Kurama was under someone else's control." Kakashi looked shocked but waved for me to continue. "Kurama has acted as a father figure to me since I was 3 years old. Due to the longevity of the tailed beasts, once I reach 21 years of age I'll be immortal. On one of my previous birthdays, Kurama gave me an extraordinary recovery ability as a gift. Despite that I'm not invulnerable and can still die. One of the strange things about this is that both male and female jinchurichi can get pregnant." At this Kakashi interrupted. "Seriously?" He said, kind of quiet. "That's great!" That wasn't the reaction I was expecting. I thought he might be weirded out by the thought of a guy getting pregnant. But I was pleased. I continued. "If you originally thought I was coming over to tell you how I track you keep dreaming. I enjoy teasing you too much." We both grinned.

*Flashback End*

At the Hokages office we were given our reward for the cat. Once that was over we were to be assigned our next mission.
Jiji said, "We have pulling wee-"
Sakura interrupted, "NO! I CAN'T STAND ANY MORE OF THESE CHORES! GIVE US A REAL MISSION!" Jiji sighed. "These missions are suitable for genin just starting out like you."Jiji put his chin on his hand. "Jiji, I think they might be ready for a C rank mission. It should be fine if it's just an escort or something."Jiji looked at me. "Are you sure Naru?" I nodded. The others, except Kakashi, looked shocked that I was on such friendly terms with the Hokage. "Very well then. There is a C rank mission escorting a bridge builder back to his home, the land of waves."
Everyone seemed happy, but Sasuke asked the Hokage, "How can you just put your faith in this dead last loser?" Sakura seemed to listen a bit closer. I nodded at Jiji, telling him to go ahead. "Naruto has a genius IQ and a photographic memory. He held back in school, but he is extremely strong, although I won't tell you exactly how strong. He has been like a grandson to me from the moment he was born. His godparents are two of the legendary sannin, Tsunade and Jeraiya. I trust his judgement even more than I trust my own." Everyone just stood there staring. "Send in Tazuna." Said the Hokage.