Chapter Twenty Eight: Just...NO

As I read my new book to Draco Malfoy, I learned many things, some of which I might never have thought of on my own. For example, you don't want to change a child's diaper with magic. That tends to lead to more messes that I really don't want to think about, or at least that's what it says in my book.

"When you are pregnant you will want to and need to eat more than you normally would. This is due to the fact that you are literally eating for two people. When doing this —"

"Stop!" Malfoy frantically interrupted my reading. I stared him down with a huge glare written across my face. "I was just going to ask you if you have eaten enough today. Have you? Do you need anything?"

"I'm good thanks." Sadly my stomach chose that moment to make a very loud rumble. Malfoy grinned.

"I'll go call Snobby." And he marched out of the room. Call Snobby? Voluntarily? MALFOY? After a few minutes Malfoy re entered his bedroom. "I told Snobby to get you some food," he clarified before I could say a word.

Snobby marched in the door, head held high with a tray piled high with food. "Here you go Miss," he said setting the tray down on my lap.

"Thank you Snobby," I said. Then a question came to mind. "Snobby?"

"Yes Miss?" He stood at attention.

"How come all the other house elfs refer to themselves as — say — "Snobby" and you refer to yourself as "I"?" Snobby paused looking confused for a second before responding.

"It is because I, Snobby the house elf, am more educated than the lesser house elfs and I am better then them —" he just kept going and going.

"I think that's enough from you Snobby," Malfoy said kicking him out the door once more. "How are him and Dobby brothers?"

"I thought you didn't remember Dobby," I said with a small laugh. Malfoy shrugged and I noticed he couldn't quite meet my gaze. Instead he picked up a strawberry off my tray and shoved it in front of my face.

"Open up," he said trying to shove the strawberry down my throat.

"No," I screamed while desperately trying to cover my mouth.

"Come on Granger. You have to eat. I got you the food and everything." He made puppy dog eyes at me. Typical.

"I will eat, but think — no I KNOW that I can feed myself thank you very much." I tried to push him away, but the plate of food started to slip. Malfoy grabbed the plate and moved it onto his bed. Then he sat down on my lap and continued to try to feed me. "Malfoy get off me please. Malfoy!" Before he could say or do anything the door crashed open. We turned around and saw — Snobby. Yay.

"Just make sure you are safe," he grinned knowingly and gave us a wink. Malfoy fell off my lap in shock. I gave a small sigh of relief.

"GET OUT SNOBBY AND DON'T COME BACK!" Malfoy screamed at Snobby. He then kicked Snobby out the door one final time and locked it with his wand. We heard Snobby rattle the doorknob to check if the door was locked.

"That doesn't help you know," Snobby said in a sing-song voice. "I'm smarter than you think I am."

Malfoy was fuming. His face was bright red with anger and probably embarrassment. His hair was messy and in his face dripping with the sweat on his forehead. I felt sort of sorry for him, and besides, I need to share a room with him for a long time to come. "Malfoy please calm down." He looked at me and continued to glare though his face softened slightly. "Here, I'll eat the food." I hurriedly started stuffing the food in my mouth. Then I choked on a piece of chicken. Malfoy raced over and cast the spell to stop me from choking.

"Are you ok Granger?" He looked genuinely worried.

"Yes," I responded, "but what's up with you?"

"What do you mean Granger?" He looked concerned.

"You're acting so nice."

"I am?" he sounded surprised. Was he surprised I thought he was acting nice? Or surprised I noticed? "Anyways, let's go to bed now. You take my bed, I'll take the floor." I didn't argue with him and took the bed. I saw him lie down on the floor. We didn't bother changing. "Gah!" He screamed a moment later. "This floor is f f freezing."

"What do you mean?"

"Come feel it." I did. He was right the floor was freezing. "Mother." He groaned. "Do you mind if I share the bed with you?" I shook my head. I might not like Malfoy, but where else was he to sleep? He lay down in the bed as far away from me as possible. "Night Granger."

"Good night Malfoy."