Dean gets owned

3rd P.O.V

They ended up at a waiting room at Missouri's place. They waited a while and then Missouri came out, leading a man away with a smile. Upon seeing her come out, Ellie straightened up and Dean threw a magazine on the table.

"All right, there. Don't you worry 'bout a thing. Your wife is crazy about you." Missouri was reassuring the man as they walked to the door. She closed the door and turned to the Hunters. "Whew. Poor bastard. His woman is cold-bangin' the gardener."

Ellie snorted in laughter.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Dean asked.

"People don't come here for the truth. They come for good news." Ellie nodded in agreement. Then Missouri's eyes fell on her and Ellie's widened. "Oh, you poor thing." Missouri sat next to her and gave her a hug. "You've been trough so much already, it isn't fair." Ellie froze, not knowing what to do. "So beautiful too!" Missouri then looked at the boys.
"Well? Sam and Dean, come on already, I ain't got all day." They moved to another room. "Well, lemme look at ya." She laughed. "Oh, you boys grew up handsome." She pointed at Dean. "And you were one goofy-lookin' kid, too." Sam grinned at that. "Sam." She took his hand. "Oh, honey... I'm sorry about your girlfriend. And your father- he's missin'?"

"How'd you know all that?" Sam asked.

"Well, you were just thinkin' it just now." Missouri shrugged.

"Well, where is he?" Dean quickly asked. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know." Missouri said.

Watch Dean say something stupid.

Missouri winked at Ellie, as if she had understood Kuriel, which surprised Ellie greatly.

"Don't know?" Dean echoed. "Well, you're supposed to be a psychic, right?"

"Boy, you see me sawin' some bony tramp in half? You think I'm a magician?" Ellie laughed to herself and Sam smiled. "I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room, but I can't just pull facts out of thin air. Sit, please." Sam smirked at Dean as they sat down. Missouri looked at Dean. "Boy, you put your foot on my coffee table, I'm 'a whack you with a spoon!"

Ellie snorted in laughter again.

I quite like her actually.

Ellie agreed.

"I didn't do anything." Dean defended himself.

"But you were thinkin' about it." Missouri snapped back.

"Okay." Sam cut in, grinning at Dean, amused by Missouri. "So, our dad- when did you first meet him?"

Ellie straightened up, ready to hear what the woman had to say.

"He came for a reading. A few days after the fire. I just told him what was really out there in the dark. I guess you could say... I drew back the curtains for him." Missouri explained.

"What about the fire? Do you know about what killed our mom?" Asked Dean.

"A little." The older woman responded. "Your daddy took me to your house. He was hopin' I could sense the echoes, the fingerprints of this thing."

"And could you?" Ellie asked. 

"I...."

"What was it?" Sam asked.

"I don't know." Missouri shook her head. "Oh, but it was evil."

The hunters decided to take Missouri back to their old house to see Jenny, her kids and, more importantly, the house itself. Jenny opened the door, carrying her son.

"Hey, Jenny. Ritchie." Ellie said, smiling at them. "This is our friend, Missouri."

"If it's not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the old house." Dean continued. "You know, for old time's sake."

"You know, this isn't a good time. I'm kind of busy." Jenny replied.

"Listen, Jenny, it's important." Missouri hit Dean on the back of his head. "Ow!"

"Give the poor girl a break, can't you see she's upset?" The woman snapped at Dean and then she smiled at Jenny. "Forgive this boy, he means well, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but hear me out."

Without meaning to, All Star from Smash Mouth came to Ellie's head and she grinned.

"About what?" Jenny asked.

"About this house." 

"What are you talking about?"

"I think you know what I'm talking about." Missouri said gravely. "You think there's something in this house, something that wants to hurt your family. Am I mistaken?"

"Who are you?" Jenny asked, holding her son a bit tighter.

"We're people who can help, who can stop this thing." Missouri said and Ellie gently smiled at her. "But you're gonna have to trust us, just a little."

Jenny hesitated,  but finally let them in, they went to Sari's room.

"If there's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it." Explained Missouri.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"This used to be your nursery, Sam." The woman replied. "This is where it all happened." Ellie walked around as Sam looked at the ceiling. Dean took out his EMF. "That an EMF?" Missouri asked.

"Yeah." Dean replied.

"Amateur." Stated Missouri and Ellie snorted. She loved that Dean was the source of the woman's teasing. The EMF went off and they all looked at each other. "I don't know if you boys should be disappointed or relieved, but this ain't the thing that took your mom."

"Wait, are you sure?" Sam asked and Missouri nodded. "How do you know?"

"It isn't the same energy I felt the last time I was here." Missouri explained. "It's somethin' different."

"What is it?" Dean asked.

Amateurs, that's what it is. Ellie could almost feel the eye roll Kuriel would have given.

"Not it. Them." Missouri corrected. "There's more than one spirit in this place."

"What are they doing here?" Ellie asked.

"They're here because of what happened to your family." Missouri explained, exiting the wardrobe. "You see, all those years ago, real evil came to you. It walked this house. That kind of evil leaves wounds. And sometimes, wounds get infected."

"I don't understand," said Sam.

"Well, after what happened to your mom, your house became kind if a beacon. A Poltergeist was attracted ." Ellie explained gaining a nod from Missouri. "I've seen it before. Once a Poltergeist's got a target, it doesn't stop until the target is dead." she continued, looking at the brothers gravely. "And you said there was more than one spirit."

"There is." Missouri agreed. "I just can't quite make out the second one."

"Well, one thing's for damn sure- nobody's dyin' in this house ever again." Dean stated. "So whatever is here, how do we stop it?"