She Needs Love Too

PROLOGE

This is my first published book on here so PLEASE be considerate, but I am open to criticism.

People tend to think that by living in California, especially born and raised that you are living the high life. All because of what they see on T.V. But they don't know that we gotta get out there and get it just as bad as they do if not harder because the cost of living is so high. Um, well not me anyways. Growing up we had money, thanks to my dad being in the game, all the while my mom was going to school and working to provide even when my dad couldn't or wouldn't. You see my parents got a divorce when I was bout eleven or twelve, but were actually legally separated with joint custody of both my younger sister Amina and I for seven years before they decided to go any further.

I don't remember when things went bad for my parents but one minute we were a "normal family" living in Inglewood, the next thing I knew I had to pack bags for weekends and my vacations from school for my dads house, as well as every other national holiday. It was weird at first but I soon got over it. Depite all the Bullshit I made it through and continued to do so.

My school years consisted of lots of ups and downs, from my dad being shot, to Amina being bipolar, which is a struggle within itself; to balancing school and extracurricular activities, to the stresses of being considered a young adult.

I tend to do that sometimes, get over things quickly. But I don't care i feel like I had to feel that way because of the things I've endured thoughout my 20 years of life. I'm no saint, but I'm not an evil person either. I love, forgive but never forget. With me everything adds up and the end result is I either fuck with you or I don't, that simple unless your family. I say that because it's hard for me to just stop dealing with a family member completely. Hell my dad instilled in me how important family was, he was really big on it too. I'm a cool person , very down to earth but I can't help how I feel about people as far as the things they do or say. I only deal with people at an arms distance. My dad would always say, "You cool but I really don't like you that much". When it comes to my attitude towards people I could care less and although I would say it with a straight face people would laugh me off.

Growing up I was the sweet, shy, caring person even if I didn't know you. I still made sure to respect my elders, but as I got older and had a chance to see that life truly is a bitch on her period. My views on living, my life and ways of interacting with people changed, because I changed knowing that from that day forward I knew things would never be the same.

Okay guys give me some feedback, what do you think so far??? Don't forget to Rate Comment & Follow