Chapter 12: Job Time

(Lyrica P.O.V.)

"Na~gi~sa!" I cheer, shaking him awake. He blinks sleepily, and turns to me.

"Wha-what happened?" He mutters, and I grin.

"We still have school, Nagi-chan! If you don't wake up now, we'll be late!" I reply, and that wakes him up. I head into the bathroom to change, and meet him in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Ohayo, Rica-chan, Nagi-chan! For breakfast today, you have rice and miso soup. I'm sorry, I didn't have time to make anything else." Shiota-san says, and I shake my head.

"This looks delicious! Itadakimasu!" I reply, and start eating. Nagisa does the same. "Shiota-san, I'm planning on getting a job at a cafe, so I might be late coming home." I say, and her eyes widen in worry.

"Oh dear. You really don't have to! But, if you insist, Nagisa, can you accompany her? You don't need a job, but just stay at the cafe when she's working. Okay, dear?" Shiota-san turns to Nagisa, who nods.

"Thank you for the meal! Nagisa, we should get going..." I stand, grabbing my bag. He stands as well, putting our bowls in the sink, and I mentally facepalm, how stupid I was to forget cleaning up after myself!

Right. First thing at school, I ask Yuma to take me to the cafe for a job! I quickly grab Nagisa's hand, and pull him outside, yelling a quick goodbye to Shiota-san.

"Rica-chan. I don't wanna boss you around, but I think you should tell everyone about your situation." Nagisa says as we walk to the train station.

"But whyyyyyyyy?" I whine, and he puts a hand on my head.

"They won't judge you. You'll feel better with comforting people, right?" He says, and I suddenly remember the words he told me when I was hurting. (not that I'm not hurting anymore, but I hide it) 'We're all family. And that means nobody gets left behind.' And I smile. My first genuine one since the accident.

~=+=~

"Koro-sensei. May I speak to you?" I stand in front of my teacher, and he nods. I hear everyone mutter in confusion. I give them a halfhearted smile, and follow Koro-sensei into the hallway.

"So, Lyrica-chan. What is it you wanted to speak about?" He asks, and I tell him everything. About my family's deaths, and how I'm staying with Nagisa. He just listens patiently, and nods. "Alright. And now you want to tell the others. Well, go ahead." He says as we step back into class. "Okay, class. Your classmate Lyrica-chan has something to say.

"I'm sorry for interrupting class." I bow, and then continue. "My family is dead." I hear gasps. "My older brother and my father were killed in a lab experiment gone wrong. My mother was killed yesterday. In a car accident; a drunk driver rammed into her car." I say, and everyone murmurs condolences. "I just wanted to say. I'm staying at Nagisa's place, and before you say anything, don't think anything weird. If I seem out of it or moody or anything that's probably why. Thanks for listening..." I finish, tearing up, and Rio runs up to me and tackles me in a hug, tears in her own eyes.

"Oh, you poor girl! And why the hell did you not contact me first?!" She demands, and I grin nervously.

"Ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe............" I say, and everyone laughs. Except for a certain red-head...

"Oi, Rica-chan. Nagisa hasn't done anything weird to you, has he?" Karma says, and everyone looks at Nagisa, who stiffens.

"Hey now. He hasn't, so stop thinking like that! Just because we share a room doesn't mean- *whispers* whoops..." I stop myself, and everyone looks at me in disbelief. I noticed Korosensei having a pink face.