Prologue

PROLOGUE

"Congratulations to the new graduates of batch 2011-2012!"

Everyone cheered and threw their graduation caps in the air. I started giggling as I tried to catch my cap before it fell to floor of the small gym in our school. I'm so happy to have graduated from high school. FINALLY! I've missed Bradford so much now and I can't stand anymore years in this boarding school. The white graduation cap fell in my hand and I tucked it under my arm, searching for my best friend Luce.

"Luce!" I cried, looking for the tall, black haired girl. I caught a glimpse of her long hair and pounced at her direction, engulfing her with hugs. "Luce!"

"There you are!" she giggled and turned around to me and hugged me back. She had tears in her small, bright blue eyes. "I c-can't believe it's over." she mumbled into my shoulder.

"I know!" I whispered. "I'm gonna miss you so much, platypus."

She laughed and started dancing me around from side to side. "Gonna miss you too, twinkle toes. We'll keep in touch, okay?"

"What are you talking about?" I laughed, and squeezed her shoulder. "Of course we'll keep in touch! We're going to the same college, dimwit!"

She looked surprised and laughed. "Oh yeah! I forgot about that."

I just laughed and hugged her for the last time before going to where my mum was supposed to be sitting.

"Mum! Mum!" I cried, full of joy. I searched through the rows of seats that were filled with parents and family. But the next thing I knew, my face fell and I stopped in my tracks.

She wasn't there. So were my sisters and dad. Not even my big brother. All there was was a set of empty chairs with the same phrase taped to them,

"Reserved seats for Malik"

-------

Hey guys! This is the new story my friend and I are working on! :) Well, to be honest, I couldn't bring myself to update my old story because of writers block.

Please don't hurt me! Just kidding.

Okay, so I made this new one instead! But I won't give up on the old one.

This is just the prologue. I dunno when I could update for Chapter 1 since my mum ground me for being on Twitter too much. Well, anyways,

Hope you guys liked it so far! Tell me what you think!

vomment?? (vote/comment)?