Fixed

It wasn't even a concern for you to try to figure out how you were feeling in that moment as the man in the dark began to spew the words that would terrify you to your core; all you had to do was look at Bucky, and his feelings struck you like a slap to the face.  There was a powerful panic in his eyes, wide and staring at you, waiting for the transformation to begin without regard to whether he would follow the same suit or not.  He wasn't fearing for himself; he knew in his soul that no matter what they did to him, he could never turn it towards you.  What he didn't know was what would happen to you and what you would become; he didn't know if he had been successful enough in pulling Hydra from your mind to keep you from this fate.

"(Y/N)..." he whimpered, "please...please leave her alone."

"It's okay, Bucky," you answered him softly, holding his gaze so that he would focus on nothing else.  "we just need to stay together.  We need to do this together."  You stressed your words, trying to convey to him that you believed what you were saying so that he would stay calm, or at least so that he wouldn't act out and risk them doing something far worse to him than they already were.

As the list of transformative and chilling words finished passing through the man's lips, the two of you were still watching each other, though your expressions had turned pale and cold, emotionless and steady.  The man who presumed to call himself your father walked around you slowly, studying every inch of your posture and character, moving to Bucky next to do the same.  When he was finally satisfied in what he was seeing, the commander of the team stepped a few feet away, clasping his hands behind his back with a little bounce on his heels in his own pride at his work.

"This is a glorious day for Hydra, my friends.  (Y/N), take your place at his side."

"Yes, sir," you answered readily, doing exactly as ordered.  Normally, when you would find yourself this close to Bucky, his instinct was to reach out and to take your hand.  But now, there was nothing; not even the twitch of a glance in your direction.

"Perfection, you are.  Both of you.  Now, we must move," he continued, "as our Soldier here contacted the Avengers before I had a chance to reach you and they're nearly here.  We will stop them before they reach the edge of town."

"There will be at least three, possibly more," Bucky nodded in agreement, "but we can handle them alone."

"Just as I hoped you would.  However, since you are out of practice and have been tainted by SHIELD and the Avengers, we will come along.  (Y/N), darling, please lead the way."  The commander held out his hand and waited patiently, allowing you to take steps ahead of him, but stepping in the way for Bucky to remain so close.  You felt unnerved to have him apart from you, even now, but you continued on as to not chance ruining your directive.

~~~

"Okay, the message signal came from here," Steve sighed, frantically turning to look at every angle around him, "keep your eyes sharp, guys."  He squinted in the bright sunlight while his eyes strained to adjust from the pale light of the quinjet, Nat and Clint following closely behind as he moved down the busy village street.

"Hmm?" Natasha mumbled, spinning to face the Captain, tossing something in the nearby garbage before he could see.  "Right, we're on it.  Don't worry, Steve, we'll find them."

"Nat, you've got chocolate all over your face."

"What?!  Where?" Her hand quickly swiped over her lips, the red flush of embarrassment building in the cheeks of a woman that likely had never experienced the feeling before.

"What's going on with you?" Steve finally asked, exasperated at her inattentiveness.

"Nothing."