Prolouge

Welcome to Earth, a planet now at peace. The year is 2114 and life has changed a lot for all earthlings. Global unemployment has reached 0%, as well as global crime! It would seem that life on the planet was perfect. And it was... with one major exception...

About 5 years ago, we discovered we weren't alone in the universe. There was a race of robotic aliens living in a giant ship the size of Earth's moon. The name of this race was the Robotically Engineered Destruction Devices, or REDD for short. As the name implies, they weren't exactly peaceful. They made quite the first impression on us by landing in the Atlantic Ocean and releasing themselves all over the globe, causing worldwide havoc. Eventually government officials from all over managed to stop them, but when they did, the REDDs began to explain themselves.

They claimed that they were born for one purpose: to destroy. They constantly have the urge to destroy or kill anything they can. And if they don't destroy something for a very long period of time, then they go crazy and homicidal without control. What was worse was the fact they eventually destroyed their entire home planet and were looking for a place to settle in.

Eventually, the leader of the REDDs decided on a compromise: They would orbit the earth in their spaceship and get out of the planet's hair... if once a year they could fulfill their natural duties and commit mayhem on Earth. The world leaders instantly thought it to be a bad idea, but the more they thought on it, the quicker they realized if they turned them down then the REDDs could easily attack Earth anytime they wanted and could destroy them just like their home planet.

Eventually they agreed to it, but with some rules that the REDDs agreed to.

They then left the Earth and orbited the planet in their ship, just as they said they would. But before they left, they told us all via TV broadcast that they would return on that night every year after that to commit their destructive duties.

And so, years later, we have had 5 REDD Nights, the official name of the event, at least in America and other counties on that side of the globe. There have been many deaths and damage everywhere all over the planet, but yet this has shockingly improved life on Earth.

With all the damage that occurs to buildings and other structures, everyone still alive is now working on construction and rebuilding the world the best they can. Doing this has made everyone have employment everywhere.

Also, seeing the destruction and death has scared everyone remaining on Earth, causing them to not commit any crimes themselves. Doing this has drastically reduced crime rates, not including the events of the Night.

Tonight marks the beginning of the 6th Annual REDD Night. This is the story of a family who will do anything it takes to protect themselves.