A New Day, Full of Surprises

Notes for the story:

Y/N = Your name
L/N = Your Last Name
H/C = Your hair color 
Y/EC = Your eye color 
Y/FC = Your favorite color 
Y/FF = Your favorite food 

     I flip through mom's old journal for about the thousandth time, having every word memorized by now. I remember one friend she'd written quite fondly of, My 'Uncle' Aizawa. He was a hero just like her, and they often were seen together. She was one of the few people he'd work with and enjoy it. He knew about my father and what had happened sixteen almost seventeen years ago.....Now my dad wanted me to follow in HIS footsteps and be a villain, so much so to the point he'd had my mom killed just so she couldn't intervene. I shut the journal, having made up my mind. I was going to contact Aizawa, and leave this behind. I was going to be a hero, just like mom. I would take down dad and avenge her, all while creating my OWN future. I pack a small bag and sneak out my window, not looking back. I was now a fugitive running away from the life I knew but I didn't mind. Even though I was all alone and had nowhere to go, I had never felt so free. 

     I dial the number for the hero Eraserhead, and wait as it rings. 

"Hello?" A tired sounding voice answers. 

"I-Is this Shota Aizawa?" I ask nervously. 

"Who's asking?" The voice asks. 

"I-It's Y/N L/N, Rosetta L/N's daughter." I choke out quietly. 

"Rose?!" The voice exclaims. 

"Yes, she was Mother Nature, the earth controlling hero." 

There was silence for quite a while. 

"Stay where you are, I've tracked your location and I'm coming to you. If you are who you say you are we have a LOT to discuss." With that, the line went dead and I was left at a payphone alone and confused. I decided no harm could come from waiting, I'd already ran away. The worst that could happen is I'm totally rejected and am in all actuality alone. Not too bad.....heh....

     A while later, a sleepy looking man arrives and looks at me. 

"You're.....Y/N L/N, daughter of Rosetta L/N?" He asks applying some eye drops and then looking at me again. 

"Yes I am. I understand you knew my mother well? I was hoping you could help me out." I ask quietly, not making eye contact. 

"Where is your father?" He asks with a raised brow. 

"I ran away from home. From what my mom wrote in her journal you knew abut me and what my father had done to get my mother. I was hoping you could maybe help me become a hero, so that I could take him down." I say with a newfound confidence. He starts laughing and puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"If you have her journal, then you have to be Y/N. I can help you, but you'll have to make some sacrifices." He sighs. "You won't be able to have the luxury of friends or intimate relationships. You have to stay isolated so you don't drag others into this." He explains. 

"I-I understand." I nod as he motions for me to follow him. 

"So, what was my mom like as a hero?" I ask him. 

"She was wild, funny, and unpredictable. She could bring light into even the darkest of situations and she knew how to handle herself in a fight. She was a stupendous hero and one that people will remember." He smiles warmly. 

"That's the kind of hero I wanna be." I sigh with a smile. 

"I see the same kind of fire inside you that she had. You and your mom, you're a lot alike." He grins ruffling my hair. I smile as he leads me to his car, and we drive off to his house. There I sit in the lobby for hat seems like forever until he walks out of his office. 

"I just talked to Principal Nedzu of UA Academy and you'll be starting there tomorrow. They said they'd send you over a uniform tonight, and you'd receive it just in time. I really do hope you're ready for this, and know the only reason we're doing this is because you have great potential and we're glad you've chosen the path of a hero. I'll leave you to rest, because tomorrow you'll meet your classmates." With that, he was gone again. What an exciting time, I was FINALLY starting on the path to my true future!