Answering Questions

As lunch approached, I started feeling more and more determined to make a name for myself here as a hero. I left home to do better, and that's exactly what I had to do if I wanted to make leaving the right decision. Even with the current things happening and being in such a new place, I had to make being a hero my priority. I had the power, I had the strength and knowledge, I just need direction. If not here, then where could I truly find my inner hero? It was then that a thought hit me: I knew someone who could help me not only catch up, but get ahead in my studies. I scan the lunchroom until I find the individual in mind and, a determined look adorning my face, approached them.

"Iida?" I ask with a smile as I sit in front of the male, placing me beside Midoriya. The cobalt haired male looks to me with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yes, L/N, what is it?" He asks in his usual serious tone. 

"Well I was thinking, and I was hoping you could help me get caught up and maybe even ahead in my studies. You're the class representative and you seem so intelligent and well informed, I was really hoping you could tutor me." I beam with a large grin. "I have so much I want to know! Not only about UA, but about the heroes this place helped create. I want to be just like them!" 

"You...want MY help?" Iida asks, seeming shocked. When I give him a nod to confirm the statement he inhales deeply, puffing out his chest proudly as a light pink tint creeps to his cheeks. "Then who am I to deny you! I will do my best to help you on your journey." With his answer, I felt my heart flutter and the air shift. I felt so relieved and happy at the aid I would be receiving, yet I could no longer ignore the sensation I had been feeling for the past few days. I turned to my side where I could feel it resonating, however faintly, and was surprised to find Midoriya smiling up at me with kind eyes that seemed to be a thickly closed veil for his true emotions. 

"You know, L/N, I have so much information on heroes. If you want, I can show you everything I've learned." He offers. I thought for a moment and figured I could use this to inspect him and his character while learning heroes and their techniques. Maybe I could get some answers to some of my more important questions, now that I was sure at least some of this chilling feeling was from Midoriya.

"Uhh, yeah. That sounds really nice Deku." I smile with a gulp. I could sense some underlying words he was holding back. I had to stop ignoring this, it was gonna be my undoing and I knew it. I had to get my head out of my ass and get serious about watching those around me. Before I could say anything else, the blonde menace appeared and the sensation shifted and worsened.

"Hey, what the fuck do you keep doing with these losers? Bakugou growls as he marches up to our table. He briefly glares at Midoriya, who keeps his smile glued to his face. I could feel the atmosphere dropping to the depths of hatred in seconds. The rivalry between these two was seriously intimidating. "Besides, I need to talk to you about something important and you can't really tell me no." He tched as he reached for my arm. I winced as my limb felt the pains of last night and he immediately released me. I could almost feel his tug of war as all words were lost to him and the table. Everyone seemed at too much of a loss of words to really speak, until Iida cut through the silence. 

"L/N, we can talk after school about the tutoring, you can go if you need to." He says with understanding. Wondering if the explosive male had more questions over last night's occurrence, I sigh and go to stand up but I turn at the sound of Midoriya's voice. 

"L/N, I look forward to showing you all the things I've learned." He smiles with a joyous tone. I feel my joints twist and strain with a tense energy at the choice of wording. I give him a nod and quickly follow Bakugou, eager to separate myself from the freckled male.

      At his table, Kirishima is already seated and waiting. He waves to me and I try to push the anxiety out of my mind. 

"Didn't actually expect you to come." The crimson haired male chuckles as we sit down.